1. The KillerFrogs

Arkansas vs TCU - NCAA Regionals - Saturday Game

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by TooColdU, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Might as well put Cal in left. Augie coming in

2. Why stop there?

3. I’m going on a limb and say CJS pulls his best Madden impression and starts Coughlin against CCSU.

4. Need to hire a special teams coach who can coach position play in baseball.

Salfrog and bmoney214 like this.
  5. Serious question, which coach is in charge of fielding defense? Someone needs to refocus their offseason prep of this team in the fall.

Defense in baseball is the most overlooked thing that fans just take for granted until you have a team that can’t do it.

6. Augie a starter next year?

7. Well it ain’t CKS and it ain’t CBM.

MTfrog5 likes this.
  8. Auburn just won against GT with a walkoff 3 run homerun. 6-5 final.

9. Yup pretty sure it’s Schloss and GA that gets paid in camp money

10. I don’t think we have the players to be much better defensively

11. Not to say it cost us the game, but I give this umpire a C-

PurplFrawg likes this.
  12. Augie comes in a strikes out two batters. To the bottom of the 9th we go.

2, 3, 4 batters coming out for the Frogs. Arkansas's All-American closer is coming in to pitch.

Still a 3-1 ballgame.

13. Are all three runs for them unearned?

14. I’m good with Augie starting game 1 tomorrow if we don’t come back

15. 1 should be earned I believe.

16. If we lose this game (and I’m not so sure about that), it will have been lost on a come-backer play to the mound which is so very appropriate.

MTfrog5 likes this.
  17. NEGU FROGS!!!!

18. Unfortunately you can’t “assume” a double play on scoring and that’s a scoring rule designed for this Frog team

19. Creighton who eliminated Oregon State is 3rd in the country in fielding percentage. I know for a fact their coach is obsessed with defense.

I doubt they have better players defensively, the players must just focus on it more is the best explanation. Schloss knows it’s the problem but how do you get the shortstop to catch routine throws on double plays and the outfielders to find the ball in the lights/sun

20. top three batters in our lineup are 1-12 tonight.