• The KillerFrogs

Arkansas vs TCU - NCAA Regionals - Saturday Game

Pharm Frog

Definitely think it’s part of it. When you don’t develop from within and have to go the juco route, there is something to that. I think even Pharm would agree that juco kids aren’t what they used to be as top players aren’t going the juco route to stay draft eligible anymore. There is usually a reason they have to go juco.

Not sure what you mean by “even Pharm” but I’m not sure the juco player can be that stereotyped. I do think fewer are choosing that path for draft eligibility purposes but my perspective is formed mainly by the central-south region of the country. Wouldn’t pretend to know about the coasts or the north.

Pharm Frog

They have better players than we do and are a better baseball team. There was never a moment in that game where I thought we would probably win. I thought we might win if things broke our way, but they’re just better at baseball than us.

I think that’s true but had hope that the ole “that’s the way baseball go” might help us. Instead we dropped the ball

tcumaniac

Respectable effort against one of the favorites to win it all this year.

I thought the ump had an inconsistent zone that certainly didn’t lean in our favor. And I’m convinced Jake hit a HR by the way he insisted on reviewing it (unacceptable lack of camera angles).

Arky is definitely the better team. Needed everything to go our way tonight. And it obviously didn’t.

Adams error screwed us. but I think it was kinda bs to overturn that call. Too subjective imo.

Practically impossible to see us winning the regional now. But oh well. This is better than being left home. We proved we belong to be here.

MTfrog5

Not sure what you mean by “even Pharm” but I’m not sure the juco player can be that stereotyped. I do think fewer are choosing that path for draft eligibility purposes but my perspective is formed mainly by the central-south region of the country. Wouldn’t pretend to know about the coasts or the north.
Didn’t mean anything negative. Just know you and Moose are more in tune to all levels of baseball than most on here

Billy Clyde

They are def the more talented team. That starting pitcher looks like a future MLB All-Star. That said, they are still Pig-Darning Hillbillies who darn their sisters... Who are pigs.

Ron Swanson

I thought the ump had an inconsistent zone that certainly didn’t lean in our favor.
I tell you what, I rarely agree with this point of view, and I was watching without sound all night so I don’t know if it was discussed on the broadcast, but I was very annoyed with the umpire calling balls & strikes in some very key counts tonight.

Some absolute head-scratchers

TooColdU

I hope TCU tries to save JJ for tomorrow night if they get there. He won’t be intimidated by the crowd and if we don’t get there he ended his TCU career about as well as you could have asked

Eissler's redemption story starts tomorrow at 2. He faced Central Connecticut back in 2017 in the 9th inning of our regional and they scored 5 runs off of him. He's been itching to get another shot at them ever since.

(Don't really know, just hoping)

MTfrog5

I tell you what, I rarely agree with this point of view, and I was watching without sound all night so I don’t know if it was discussed on the broadcast, but I was very annoyed with the umpire calling balls & strikes in some very key counts tonight.

“The catcher does a really good job makin those pitches strikes” ALL NIGHT LONG

I had to listen to most of the game on 88.7 but I could hear the Hogs complaining quite a bit too. Chuck mentioned it was a bit inconsistent.

Ron Swanson

The pigs in the stands complained about every ball called on their pitcher and every strike called for ours. They weren’t impartial in any way.
Absolutely

There was some pitches literally 12”-15” off the plate that hit their catcher’s mit where he was set up and they LOST IT complaining about the calls.

Using their reaction as a barometer is a mistake

Purp

Creighton who eliminated Oregon State is 3rd in the country in fielding percentage. I know for a fact their coach is obsessed with defense.

I doubt they have better players defensively, the players must just focus on it more is the best explanation. Schloss knows it’s the problem but how do you get the shortstop to catch routine throws on double plays and the outfielders to find the ball in the lights/sun
Creighton also won today in large part due to at least 3 outstanding defensive plays in the outfield alone.

Pharm Frog

Can Wolfe play an average SS??? Can AO or Goodloe play 3B?? Maybe Henry at 1st???

Gave your questions some more thought and decided to look up some data from NJCAA. To your first question...I seriously seriously doubt it. Wolfe made 29 errors in his last season at Walters and fielded at .856. Wolfe is looking more and more like a DH to me (if he comes back). Henry made 13 Es the same season and fielded at .927. Henry is looking more and more like a DH to me. Isola is looking like a DH as well. Of your choices, maybe Goodloe at 3rd but I’d sure like some power from that position. Shepherd at 1B??? Basically we need a new infield

MTfrog5

Gave your questions some more thought and decided to look up some data from NJCAA. To your first question...I seriously seriously doubt it. Wolfe made 29 errors in his last season at Walters and fielded at .856. Wolfe is looking more and more like a DH to me (if he comes back). Henry made 13 Es the same season and fielded at .927. Henry is looking more and more like a DH to me. Isola is looking like a DH as well. Of your choices, maybe Goodloe at 3rd but I’d sure like some power from that position. Shepherd at 1B??? Basically we need a new infield
Soooo the same position we were in last year needing a new infield?

ThisIsOurTime

I hope TCU tries to save JJ for tomorrow night if they get there. He won’t be intimidated by the crowd and if we don’t get there he ended his TCU career about as well as you could have asked
Agreed. Let's see if the rest of the team can rise to the occasion and then be rewarded by having JJ ready to give them their best shot. The bats were cold tonight but they are due to get hot again tomorrow.