• The KillerFrogs

Are We Back in the WAC? Putrid 2024 Home Schedule...

Planks

I think our 2024 schedule is actually pretty solid.

2025 is pretty weak though. I wish we could switch the two years, as it feels like we will still be a year away in 2024, but could be hitting our stride in 2025 as Hoover becomes an upperclassman.

Limey Frog

These games are all winnable for a very good team, but I wouldn't anticipate any of them being easy, either. Obviously some teams will have terrible years and will turn out to be easy, but all of these programs are likely to field a tough team in any given year. That's the definition of a good schedule to me: 11 competitive games against decent programs.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Wow, 11 Power conference teams. I wonder how many other schools have 11+ Power conference teams on their schedule. ….6 being road games. That’s a tough schedule!

Other than the FCS school game we start the season with 5 P5 road games in a row. Who does that?

vicarfrog

Not to sound like a geek, but I don’t live too terribly far from Cincinnati. I’m totally going to the creation museum, Ark encounter, and then watch TCU whip the snot out of the bearcats.

That’s going to be an epic vacay.

Froglaw

TCU's home schedule next year is Arizona, TxTech, Houston, OkState, and Central Florida. No doubt a home game will be added against some horrible team.

By contrast, SMU's home schedule includes Florida State, TCU, BYU, Pitt, Cal Berk and BC.

What just happened?

My how the turns tables...
Arizona
Okie state
TxTech
And Houston will be sellouts

Away - SMU is a sellout despite 110 degree kickoff

82 Frog Fever

TCU's home schedule next year is Arizona, TxTech, Houston, OkState, and Central Florida. No doubt a home game will be added against some horrible team.

By contrast, SMU's home schedule includes Florida State, TCU, BYU, Pitt, Cal Berk and BC.

What just happened?

My how the turns tables...
Just for grins, these are the real facts.

TCU’s home schedule has a season record of 34-26 .567 with 4 out of 5 bowl eligible.

SMU‘s home schedule has a season record of 37-35 .514 with 3 out of 6 bowl eligible.
Without FSU, the combined records are 25-35 for the other 5 teams.

There’s also a very high probability that 2024 will be the one and only season FSU ever appears on SMU’s home schedule.
That makes it more of an anomaly than a turning of the tables.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Tarleton plays at Baylor next year. I’m gonna take my son to that game. If we pull off the upset I’m going to start screaming Good Job Big 12 at their strength coach

I Cant Wait Episode 9 GIF by UFC

Bizarro Frog

I love this schedule because it has no road games at Tech, Iowa St, K St, or W Vir. Those home fields are worth about 2-3 touchdowns it feels like. Glad we are doing away with the SMU games so we can get 7-8 home games a year in the future.

The coaches need to get their stuff figured out because the 2024 schedule is extremely favorable and it would disastrous to waste this opportunity.

bc puckett

So we are starting 0-5 based on how we play defense (or don't) on the road?...awesome
Except for Stanford and My Little Pony there are no dates for those games just list of conference games. Did you think the Frogs were going to play 5 straight home games? Also doesn’t include the home FCS game against a team still TBA. Merely a placeholder

Wexahu

I love this schedule because it has no road games at Tech, Iowa St, K St, or W Vir. Those home fields are worth about 2-3 touchdowns it feels like. Glad we are doing away with the SMU games so we can get 7-8 home games a year in the future.

The coaches need to get their stuff figured out because the 2024 schedule is extremely favorable and it would disastrous to waste this opportunity.
In reality those homes field aren't worth much at all. I think through the first 7 or 8 Big 12 seasons (of the 10-team league) Tech and WVU had better road records than home records.

You'd be really surprised how little home field matters. It does matter, but maybe by a FG or so. Nowhere close to a even 1 TD.

Bizarro Frog

In reality those homes field aren't worth much at all. I think through the first 7 or 8 Big 12 seasons (of the 10-team league) Tech and WVU had better road records than home records.

You'd be really surprised how little home field matters. It does matter, but maybe by a FG or so. Nowhere close to a even 1 TD.
I completely disagree. Playing K St, Iowa St and Tech at Amon Carter is a completely different game than on the road. I leave off W Virginia because they seem to beat us home and away lately.

As GP once said those stadiums are black holes where good seasons go to die.