• The KillerFrogs

Any volunteers to go visit Surlyhorns?

tcudoc

There is a great photo of the press conference. Ewers sitting alone looking at bunch of reporters around Manning's table.

That was before the lost in the national semi-finals. (I love saying that.)
Is this the one?
main-qimg-c5a7445b57e454d9a7654734afde49e7-lq

FrogBall09

Ewers got exposed last night- he was the second best QB on the field by a long shot and most Texas big cigars think he is also the second best QB on their roster now

And they are done - they will occasionally be a 6 - 12 seed in CFP in the future - but this year was the perfect storm for Texas

The best team in the country didn’t make the final 4 and the path will never be that easy again

DeuceBoogieNights

Ewers isn't going to lose the starting job before next season starts, but if they lose their game against Michigan next year I could see the rumblings starting.

Why do people keep thinking that Manning is going to transfer? Everyone involved with the family has said from day one they want Arch to sit for a year or two. He will be the starter after Ewers leaves next year.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Did you really know Jane Mansfield attended UT? If so that is impressive.
SMU and UCLA too. Don’t think she graduated from any of them.

At age 17, she married Paul Mansfield on May 6, 1950.[25] Their daughter, Jayne Marie Mansfield, was born six months later, on November 8, 1950. Jayne and her husband enrolled in Southern Methodist University to study acting.[26][27][28] In 1951, Jayne moved to Los Angeles and attended a summer semester at UCLA. She entered the Miss California contest but Paul found out and forced her to withdraw from the competition.[29] She then moved to Austin, Texas, with her husband, and studied dramatics at the University of Texas at Austin.[19][20][21][27] There, Mansfield worked as a nude art model, sold books door-to-door, and worked as a receptionist at a dance studio.[30][31][32] She also joined the Curtain Club,[31] a campus theatrical society that included lyricist Tom Jones, composer Harvey Schmidt, and actors Rip Tornand Pat Hingle among its members.[31][33][34] Mansfield then spent a year at Camp Gordon, Georgia, while her husband Paul served in the United States Army Reserve during the Korean War.[35]

Wexahu

Ewers isn't going to lose the starting job before next season starts, but if they lose their game against Michigan next year I could see the rumblings starting.

Why do people keep thinking that Manning is going to transfer? Everyone involved with the family has said from day one they want Arch to sit for a year or two. He will be the starter after Ewers leaves next year.
I think people kind of assume he wants to play right now and that someone else might money whip him, but his situation is far different from others as far as needing to chase money.

It would probably be a great situation for him (and UT) if he could mostly sit another year.

AroundWorldFrog

The path laid out to him and his family was one year behind Ewers who was 100% leaving for the NFL after this year. Because Ewers has been more then underwhelming, he's probably staying. I could pretty much promise no one in the Manning family thought Arch would sit for two years.

LisaLT

The path laid out to him and his family was one year behind Ewers who was 100% leaving for the NFL after this year. Because Ewers has been more then underwhelming, he's probably staying. I could pretty much promise no one in the Manning family thought Arch would sit for two years.
It will be interesting to see where things stand after spring ball. I have a really hard time picturing Manning as QB2 next season, but who knows. There certainly will be a lot of pressure down there to start Manning - especially if Texas gets off to a poor/slow start.

OICU812

My perception is that UTerus has so many big cigar unofficial GMs who will insist on Manning at some point next year unless Eeyewers looks like John Elway 2.0, and Sark doesn’t strike me as the guy who is tough enough to tell them to pound sand.

Latest posts