• The KillerFrogs

Any volunteers to go visit Surlyhorns?

froginmn

I'm curious to see what they're saying but not curious enough to visit.

I know we didn't want the thrashing from Georgia but in some ways being tantalizingly close may have been worse.

If UT wins last night they're probably favored over Washington (especially with the game in Houston).

I'm curious to see what they're saying but not curious enough to visit.

I know we didn't want the thrashing from Georgia but in some ways being tantalizingly close may have been worse.

If UT wins last night they're probably favored over Washington (especially with the game in Houston).
Well, there will be some on there criticizing the QB, others calling for Sark to be fired, still others complaining about the play calling, and of course, some blaming the refs.

All this at a maximum level of dewshness and arrogance.

froginmn

Well, there will be some on there criticizing the QB, others calling for Sark to be fired, still others complaining about the play calling, and of course, some blaming the refs.

All this at a maximum level of dewshness and arrogance.
Did you actually go there? All of that is very predictable.

:p

It does seem shocking that a school able to recruit any QB they want is unable to get to the end zone on that last possession.

Obviously blame can be spread evenly...

ftwfrog

The refs giving them the extra chance by adding a second on the clock at the end of the game gave me flashbacks to the UT-Nebraska game in 2009 when the clock ran out and then they gave them another second to kick the game winning field goal.
I think it was the right call though. Some male cheerleader caught the ball on the sideline with 1 second left.

Wexahu

UT's program is in a pretty good spot, haven't looked and I won't but I doubt many of their fans are that bent out of shape.

On a whole I just don't think the highs and lows of college football are as extreme as they were just a few years ago. Maybe it's just me but 10 years ago I'd have been rooting HARD against UT, last night I was like whatever, doesn't make much difference either way to me. So they were able to go out and buy a QB and O-line and maybe win a championship. Good for them I guess.

Wexahu

The refs giving them the extra chance by adding a second on the clock at the end of the game gave me flashbacks to the UT-Nebraska game in 2009 when the clock ran out and then they gave them another second to kick the game winning field goal.
That was the correct call though. I think the clock actually showed 0:02 when the ball hit the ground OB. IN any event, I know it wasn't 0:00.

Washington did their best to blow that game.

Gringo1873

UT's program is in a pretty good spot, haven't looked and I won't but I doubt many of their fans are that bent out of shape.

On a whole I just don't think the highs and lows of college football are as extreme as they were just a few years ago. Maybe it's just me but 10 years ago I'd have been rooting HARD against UT, last night I was like whatever, doesn't make much difference either way to me. So they were able to go out and buy a QB and O-line and maybe win a championship. Good for them I guess.

There are some guys on that board who are saying the same thing. Read the thread about the state of college football in 20 years. They admit that no one will care which athletic department bought the championship that year.

ShreveFrog

Ewers looks like he has zero [ Finebaum ]s to give when he's on the sideline. And even on the field he seems too cool. I wonder what his teammates think about him.

Wexahu

There are some guys on that board who are saying the same thing. Read the thread about the state of college football in 20 years. They admit that no one will care which athletic department bought the championship that year.
I checked it out......I thought this was maybe my post, lol..

"Agreed. NIL as implemented is the stupidest scheissing fail related to sports that I can recall. the idea that the average fan should keep chucking in more money (in addition to ever increasing ticket costs, $14 beers, etc...) so that their team can have a chance of winning is idiotic. It will be an arms race with little self restraint on the part of the bidders. If players want to get paid, let the schools pay them.

And then you mix in the abortion that is the transfer portal, and my give a [ Finebaum ] about college athletics has hit all time lows. Its like the NFL except without a salary cap or contractual obligations. I get that the current landscape tilts the field in Texas' favor as long as there are enough suckers chipping in their donations, I just dont care. If Cowboys season ticket holders got a letter from Jerry asking for a little something extra to meet payroll, how many do you think would agree to help him out? "

Brog

UT is reportedly courting three other 5-star quarterbacks to be on their squad as back ups in case Ewers and/or Manning gets hurt, or is bought by Ohio State, Georgia or Alabama with million dollar NILs.You can never be too sure.

WhatTheFrog

Their fans don't keep up with the rules. They were crying about the clock not stopping when going out of bounds before the final 2 minutes of a half.