• The KillerFrogs

Any questions for tonight's podcast recording? We'll have Abby Faber and her dad joining us tonight...

Horny4TCU

Wow, this was a blast from the past. I totally forgot about that. Boykin looked like such a good guy then, then he punched a cop, his girlfriend, and yeah... well, where he has landed is not what I envisioned.

tcufrogprince1

Abby and Steve Faber will give us an update on Abby as well as a preview of ISU football (since most of us haven't watched a lot of Cyclone football this year).

Any questions for them or our panel (Shannon Brazzell and Nathan Hernandez)?
1. We have lost the last three against ISU. What is the biggest thing you see Sonny doing different as he goes into this game? 2. Abby, since your interaction with Boykin he has gone through a lot of turmoil. He reached out to you in kindness and gave you some good words, what would you say to him to give him some encouragement to get back on track?

tcufrogprince1

Id also ask Shannon Brazzell and Nathan Hernandez what they think went wrong towards the end of the Patterson era. Was it something that could have been mended with earlier intervention by the AD or was this just a matter of too long in one place and needing new blood?

froginmn

Planning ahead for next year: what restaurants do Steve and Abby recommend in Ames?

Been to Hickory Park a couple times (good but not great) and had beers (but no food) at Boulder Tap House.

:)

froginmn

Planning ahead for next year: what restaurants do Steve and Abby recommend in Ames?

Been to Hickory Park a couple times (good but not great) and had beers (but no food) at Boulder Tap House.

:)
Darn; a whole bunch of us are a day late and a dollar short. I'd accept a reply post from Steve.

froginmn

Darn; a whole bunch of us are a day late and a dollar short. I'd accept a reply post from Steve.
@CyFrog22 , what restaurant recommendations do you have in Ames? I live in the Twin Cities and always make the trip for games. Thought Hickory Park was ok and Boulder Tap House seemed like the food would be good but we only had beer.

Interested in other suggestions for future trips, game-related or not. Think I told you a couple years back that we stayed twice at a hotel in Story City. Might have been close to where you live(d).

FrogPreacher

Live 45 miles west of Ames. Have been to Hickory Park once. Food was decent, but a crowded, touristy type of place. Really good bbq and sides at Jethro's. 5 Guys is always good. I like Dublin Bay Irish Pub & Grill. There are the usual places like Perkins, Applebees, Potbelly's, Panera, Texas Roadhouse.

@CyFrog22 , what restaurant recommendations do you have in Ames? I live in the Twin Cities and always make the trip for games. Thought Hickory Park was ok and Boulder Tap House seemed like the food would be good but we only had beer.

Interested in other suggestions for future trips, game-related or not. Think I told you a couple years back that we stayed twice at a hotel in Story City. Might have been close to where you live(d).
We don’t eat much in Ames but we do like Boulder Tap and the obvious local favorite is Hickory Park. When we lived in Ankeny, we would frequent Jethroe’s somewhat frequently and Ames has one as well. To be honest, I don’t like to recommend BBQ to people from Texas since it appears BBQ is almost like a religious affiliation . There is a new place called Sweet Caroline’s, never been there but I have heard good things. Overall, there are a bunch of places to go but unfortunately, if you are a fan of Burger King, you are out of luck, those have been closed