• The KillerFrogs

Also, who is the color guy on TCU baseball radio?

Young and Horned

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ May 16 2010, 05:00 PM) [snapback]560392[/snapback]
TCU RTVF department establishing a sports b-casting emphasis, and part of that involves opportunities to work with Chuck in baseball... ease up on the students (they're not getting paid, obvously)

Yet everyone complains and [hundinnen ] about football game operations (which is also primarily ran by students).

Young and Horned

QUOTE(2314 @ May 17 2010, 05:34 PM) [snapback]560887[/snapback]
Just sayin' I speak from experience. I have NEVER heard baseball is hard. It can only be hard if you are unprepared. And BTW, I DID make a LIVING doing that. And would love to do so again. Also, having heard Chuck, he should listen to his tapes. There are times when he will "describe" a play with very little description. I counted seven pitches one time where he never let the listeners know the pitch had been delivered. Crap like that happens when you know no one can take your job. He is getting too complacent and I wish he would focus for an entire game. Most everyone will get on my case about this post because Chuck is extremely TCU baseball knowledgeable and is a trusted voice. But I about fell out of my chair when I learned that he teaches broadcasting. His play by play needs to get better. Of course, that will hack a lot of you off, but I am speaking technically and don't care how long he has been there. Sometimes that can be a problem.
Go ahead board, fire away. I understand. I also understand that most of you don't understand.

Agreed. Chuck needs to improve or step aside and run the students. Sometimes I will sit for 30 minutes without knowing the score.

Bandwagon

Would love to hear and critique 2314 on a TCU baseball broadcast. Not at regionals/supers though, don't want to waste his time with such small time broadcasting. Will wait until he gets more highschool volleyball experience.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
My roommate and I hosted a radio show on KTCU from 91-93. We thought we made it big when we got the 10pm-12am slot vs. 12am-4am.

The show was originally called "Island Reggae" and was eventually changed to "2 Hour Dread". We were absolutely horrible at first, but by the end we had some crazy listners calling in from all over the metroplex. You would be suprised how far the KTCU signal travels at night.

Great memories and unbelievable experience for a couple of 19-20 year olds.

Go Frogs.

DF