• The KillerFrogs

Air Force makes bold move, smart move....

njustus7

Some of you keep saying that we should join the Big12 because when we do, we'll be able to walk into kids' homes and say, "Come to TCU, you'll get to play Texas and Oklahoma every year." But if I'm that kid and your big selling point is that playing at TCU will let you take on the "big boys," my first question is, "Well, if Texas and Oklahoma are the 'big boys,' why wouldn't I just go play for them? And if they won't take me, how is playing for TCU different than playing for Baylor, or Tech, or Oklahoma State?"
Not true, everyone stop selling us short. We already have an awesome coach, a winning tradition, a huge number of successful NFL players, awesome facilities, a great education - we have a *VERY* good sales pitch and their will be top players, who before would have walked away b/c they want to play in an AQ conference with big stadiums, who will be a better fit with TCU.

This is nothing short of our return to dominance on the national scene and legitimate discussion as a national championship contender.

It's about time you showed up again... tired of fending them off by myself!

Now, doubt anyone is really opposed to the B12, but some see something in BEast.
Believe a good % of kids would like the traveling to the East vs Midwest.... different,
especially if a UH were involved in BE to help give BE more acceptance in Texas too.
If existing schools and balance of quality schools w/academies were well cauterized
into extreme/expensive exit package/terms, then it's as viable for us, as B12 6yr. deal.
And do mean balance by adding UH and UCF along with Temple with the Academies.

Cheers!

Any conference W/O Houston is OK in my book. By constantly bringing it up, the more people get fired up about the Big 12. :laugh:

We already have been in CUSA and really don't want to join a 2.0 version. :wacko:

asleep003

The BE may not survive as FB playing conference. It is far more likely to survive as a nonbcs conference. WVU and UL eventually jump ship.

Again, if Pitt and Cuse had not defected, then the debate of Big 12 versus Big East had merit, but that has all changed. The defections will continue from BE. How anybody cannot see that is very surprising to me.

You haven't been following... the conversation has not been that the BE is a better choice than the B12, but that if the existing BE schools had an Iron clad/expen$ive exit agreement... with a couple strong underrated programs and including the Academies, that there may be some quality benits to TCU in BE as there is in the iron clad 6 year (only) offer we're getting from B12. And one not mentioned is the BB $chools league play.
B12 is the deal. We're just stating the' ifs'... No one is carrying the torch for the BE over the B12... that there could be advantages if certain things formed/fell into place.

Cheers !

geefrogs

I appreciated the AFA Athletic Directors candid comments. Straight forward and honest.

Most university ADs wouldnt have the courage to put themselves out there like that.

Good luck to AFA. Bummer to see them get whooped by Notre Dame, but I am rooting for the Big East to stay relevant and hope this helps their cause.

BABYFACE

Why in the hell are talking about about a hypothetical in the perfect world sense that will not or most likely happen? Yeah. I won' t apologize for not playing along.

Prost

asleep003

Why in the hell are talking about about a hypothetical in the perfect world sense that will not or most likely happen? Yeah. I won' t apologize for not playing along.

Prost

Easy Rambo... no one is asking for an apology. Get a hold of your self... slow down and catch your breath. Isn't a big part of this board about what ifs and speculation than just repeating a journalist or another's opinion... You've never. 'what if or how a bout'.?.

Cheers !