• The KillerFrogs

Air Force makes bold move, smart move....

asleep003

If we can't earn an BCS bid playing in the Big 12 then we don't deserve one in the first place. I don't want to play in BCS games because we won the easiest conference we could find. And I couldn't care less if UT (or anyone else) gets more money than we do. The money we will get in the Big 12 will be way more than the money in the BE, period. Let's say company A employs 10 salesmen and they all make $75K, and company B employs 10 salesmen with one making $250K and everyone else making $150K. Are you saying you'd rather work at company A?

But if you are the # 1 salesman in Company A every 2-3 years and that company's top salesman gets a $ 385k bonus for doing so... then I want Company A... as long as company A has made $tringent term$/exit policie$ and agreed to by its salespeople... the same that Company B has done(albeit for only for 6 years).

Cheers!

asleep003

Yes it is. How anyone could advocate not moving to big 12 is beyond me. We want to be the best so let's beat the best...not run around looking for the weakest BCS conference so we can have an easy path.

Isn't the easier path to the BCS championship why OU chased the PAC12 for an invite, instead of avoided talking to SEC instead. Stoops says "it's about winning Championships!". So, why would a TCU/BE scenario be any different than OU's ... just as long as The Big East wrapped up it's conference equal to or > than the B12 has(for 6 years, anyway). Besides the BB league $s in BE ase intriguing.

Cheers !

FROGDADDY

But if you are the # 1 salesman in Company A every 2-3 years and that company's top salesman gets a $ 385k bonus for doing so... then I want Company A... as long as company A has made $tringent term$/exit policie$ and agreed to by its salespeople... the same that Company B has done(albeit for only for 6 years).

Cheers!

What if all the good salesmen at company A left to go to company B and company A went out of business?

Frog DJ

"We were approached by the Big 12, and I told them we're not a good fit for that conference. In the Big 12, geography makes sense, the economics make sense, but recruiting makes no sense for us. I can't recruit against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State," Mueh said.
"That's why I turned down the Big 12. I can't do that to my kids, because they'll get beat up. I'd love the extra $12 million or whatever it would be per year from the TV money. And I know how I'd spend the money. I'd build a new soccer stadium, and I'd build a new baseball facility, all in one year. But I can't do that."

Before anyone starts insisting TCU should do the same, let's be clear why AF declined the Big XII.

Their administration is realistic enough to understand they will struggle to compete in such a conference, and as such the BE is a better fit for them.

TCU will be able to compete in recruiting and on the field (both of which it is already doing, even before joining the conference), so the the rationale doesn't apply equally.

I may be jumping the gun, since I don't exactly hear a chorus of support for TCU following AF's lead, but I just thought it was a point worth making.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

If we can't earn an BCS bid playing in the Big 12 then we don't deserve one in the first place. I don't want to play in BCS games because we won the easiest conference we could find. And I couldn't care less if UT (or anyone else) gets more money than we do. The money we will get in the Big 12 will be way more than the money in the BE, period. Let's say company A employs 10 salesmen and they all make $75K, and company B employs 10 salesmen with one making $250K and everyone else making $150K. Are you saying you'd rather work at company A?

Great analogy. If you want to be a great tennis player, you seek out the best to play.

PurpleBlood87

After this Air Force announcement I'm sorta hoping TCU will decide to stay in the Big East. Playing Army, Navy, and Air Force every year would be pretty cool.
Yes playing Army, Navy and Air Force would be more cool than playing Texas, OU, OSU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas and Iowa State every year.

asleep003

I don't want to play in BCS games(bowls.?.)because we won the easiest conference we could find.

Didn't we do that twice the past couple of years ... both years, a hair or 3 from playing in the National Championship, while a member of a non-qualifying conference.

PS - Stiff Arm, where the hell are you ... you started all this mess!

Cheers !

Houston Frog

Well put

rynosdad

I wonder if the cost of sending our other athletic teams to compete in the BE vs sending them to compete in the B12-2 may be a factor in this decision - just maybe?