• The KillerFrogs

Adventures in Sand Aggie Land

Frog-in-law1995

Been to Lubbock exactly three times in my life and only stayed long enough to eat once, but the Caprock Cafe was pretty good when we stopped there in 2015. I recommend. I also see they have a Blue Sky Burgers. I’m a big fan of their Amarillo location...it’s our usual stop on the drive home from Santa Fe.

Purp

Spanky's is really good, burgers cheese sticks and awesome mushrooms!! Across from campus and it's packed! One guys pizza, Again across from campus.....it's delicious!!!! Especially the calzones. Josie's for burritos, very good and some are open 24 hours. I'm headed to Wollforth to try the BBQ place in TX top 50, it's a bit past Lubbock but I've heard good things. Orlando's is good, a little nicer than the others.

As far as tailgates, they are everywhere and plentiful but not real inviting from what I have found, As someone else said the campus is huge!!! Largest land mass in the US at one time...... this could have changed.

Nothing spectacular, I can't recommend a specific place but the ones I have mentioned are pretty good. They arrive early so be prepared, if your eating close to campus for long waits. They used to have an area like Frog Alley but it's alot smaller this year..... private tailgates have taken some of that space. Chick fil a is all I remember for sure.

I do recommend stopping at the Slaton Bakery if you like thumbprint cookies, follow the signs since construction has it all messed up. Holly's Drive In in Post is another place I like to stop. And the best DQ is in Merkel, although it could have already closed..... it's one that's slated to close but note sure when. Saw SuperFrog their a few years ago!
I'm sorry you have to know this much about Lubbuttock. Thoughts and prayers.

Chongo94

Been to Lubbock exactly three times in my life and only stayed long enough to eat once, but the Caprock Cafe was pretty good when we stopped there in 2015. I recommend. I also see they have a Blue Sky Burgers. I’m a big fan of their Amarillo location...it’s our usual stop on the drive home from Santa Fe.

Definitely a fan of Blue Sky. Closest to ftw is in Abilene sadly. Wish they'd come east. Caprock's queso is legit.

Last edited: