• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

Purp

Probably going to be so loud that I won’t be able to hear the SEC game of the week on CBS from my tailgate. Fans come last at TCU.
Yes and no. All of our games will be at 11am so you won't have a conflict with the SEC game of the week. But Donati took all the 11am games for another $1mm bc it's all about the money and not the fans.

while at the gym this morning a song came up on my play list that struck me as the song to be played between the third and fourth quarter as the crowd sing along song.

key the song needs to be familiar, words not overly complicated, and the chorus easy enough to remember that if someone has consumed too many of the now sold throughout the stadium beers they can still stumble through it.

important in my mind though that the song has a certain edge about it, a certain grit and toughness in how it is done that it tells the frogs opponents things are really about to get nasty this final fifteen minutes.

i give you motorhead's cover of bowie's hereos

what sealed it for me is lemmy. frogs moto this year is earn the chip. no one had a bigger chip in the history of rock than lemmy.

the guy lived his life, recorded what he wanted regardless of the record execs, and was out front of motorhead up to a few months before his death at 70.

gary as frustrating as he can be at times has built this defense, this team, this program how he wanted, experts be damned and the idea he is going to do it his way until he leaves the program is the defiance you hear in lemmy's vocals.

granted, might want a different video on the message board, but i am sure someone else can come up with that.

No.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
A69F16A1-235B-48E8-9D1B-509E9D0A8824.gif

tcumaniac

Does this mean no more cheerleader led yell at midfield? Please dear lord let it be!
Not very promising.

Fingers crossed the PA Announcer is the one that initiates the GO FROGS chant. Or that there’s some kind of video to make the crowd aware and to help get the chant going.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. For as long as I can remember the team has always run out as soon as the intro video ends.

Now the video will end and the pre team entrance energy will be left up to the crowd vs the music from the intro video. Hopefully the crowd shows up early and gets really loud. I assume we’ll just keep chanting Go Frogs until the team reaches the tunnel and then the frog horn will blow and the band will start playing the fight song as the team runs on the field.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Hopefully Donati just doubled down on those people on here that hate the Go Frogs chant before the team runs out. If so...Awesome!
I don't think it's the chant itself that gets complaints from so many as much as it is the guy at midfield yelling it through the microphone non stop, and often off rhythm.

Maybe now it'll be a video of GP to get it going. I think people would respond to that better than some random guy at midfield yelling at us.

HFrog12

I don't think it's the chant itself that gets complaints from so many as much as it is the guy at midfield yelling it through the microphone non stop, and often off rhythm.

Maybe now it'll be a video of GP to get it going. I think people would respond to that better than some random guy at midfield yelling at us.

This. I love the Go Frogs chant, but it can easily be done without the WWE cheerleader announcer at midfield.

MAcFroggy

Not very promising.

Fingers crossed the PA Announcer is the one that initiates the GO FROGS chant. Or that there’s some kind of video to make the crowd aware and to help get the chant going.

Hopefully the cheerleaders just get into the middle of the field (or the sidelines) and hold up "go" and "frogs" signs for the different sides. All the fans will be able figure out what to do from there.