• The KillerFrogs

A&M Corps "Jar" Rumor Is Apparently True

frogtwang

Why would you waste good urine on a burning aggie?

Could always send it to this lady I suppose.

My-Strange-Addiction-Finale-Woman-Drinks-Bathes-in-Her-Own-Urine-2.jpg

Deep Purple

I was an Army ROTC cadet, and we kicked the dog snot out of aTm in pretty much everything.....

Can back that up. Had a meeting a short while ago with a prominent Fort Worth citizen who was until recently the Secretary of the Army (wink, nudge). He told me that under his tenure, the Army had canvassed the nation's 272 college Army ROTC units and ranked them by quality of program. The TCU unit was #8. The only other Texas unit to make the top 10 was A&M. "But," he added, "TCU regularly outperforms the A&M unit."

OldSchoolFrog

Can back that up. Had a meeting a short while ago with a prominent Fort Worth citizen who was until recently the Secretary of the Army (wink, nudge). He told me that under his tenure, the Army had canvassed the nation's 272 college Army ROTC units and ranked them by quality of program. The TCU unit was #8. The only other Texas unit to make the top 10 was A&M. "But," he added, "TCU regularly outperforms the A&M unit."

True dat. I golfed last week with LTC Fred Teresa, who commanded from 88-90 and put a lot of that into place. We had a good discussion about "those aggies".... :)

Houston Frog

The aggies that I know who weren't in the Corps (non-regs from my era in the mid 70's) are/were referred to as "make believe aggies" by those who were in the corps... The general understanding is that to go to A&M and not be in the Corps is like going to a whorehouse and not getting laid- you miss the real traditions no matter how bizzare...

When I meet an Aggie, I always ask if he/she was in the Corps. The reply (when they weren't which is usually the case) is invariably a bit defensive like they are regretful or acknowledge that they aren't fully accredited with being true Aggies... A buddy of mine (an ex yell leader- they're always from the corps) tells me that asking this question is good "bull" (the corps term for bs)- he said to keep it up...

Exact opposite of my experience

Most every Aggie I know who wasn't in the corp is very upfront about it..... they want it to be known that they weren't part of that group