• The KillerFrogs

A&M Corps "Jar" Rumor Is Apparently True

SnoSki

Never heard this rumor before, but apparently rumor has it that while A&M was building on-campus bonfires, the corps had a tradition where as a group, they would release their, ahem... soldiers... into a jar and place it on top of the bonfire during construction.

Apparently a corps member recently confirmed this rumor as being true to Paul Burka, a longtime writer of TX Monthly. Talk about disgusting.

Here's a potentially NSFW (due to the text content, no bad pics! ) link to a blog breaking this news with links to a TX Monthly article that details what the corps member revealed.

Gross. Gig em aggies..??

Kaiser

The Aggies have been a bunch of (I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately)ing weirdo, psuedo-military, neo-nazis types for a long time now. This report doesn't surprise me at all.

UnderToad

Freezing is now the standard.

332434260-21173129.jpg

froginaustin

Aggie Corps members :smile: have been messing around with jiz in jars for a long time. Apparently they have several uses for it.

What the Maggies do, I have no idea.

HFrog1999

I've heard that when mixed with the ashes, their seed fertilizes the grass which is then eaten by the goats. Some of the goats have become pregnant and their offspring live in caverns underneath the school. I fear that when they break ground on their stadium reconstruction, they may unleash these monsters onto College Station.

morlocks.jpg

worthag03

I love killerfrogs! Where else can you get a bunch of guys whipped into a frenzy with a simple blog posting about a 12 year old Texas Monthly story who's only source is that "no name" girl? It's a wonder how thousands of people including many non-reg women never saw such a thing. Don't get me wrong, the Corps does some weird stuff, but this is simply false.

HFrog1999

I love killerfrogs! Where else can you get a bunch of guys whipped into a frenzy with a simple blog posting about a 12 year old Texas Monthly story who's only source is that "no name" girl? It's a wonder how thousands of people including many non-reg women never saw such a thing. Don't get me wrong, the Corps does some weird stuff, but this is simply false.
What the hell is a "non-reg" woman?

Is this a "non-reg" woman?

goat8.jpg

worthag03

Woman who is not in the corps, non corps members are referred to as "non-regs." Back in the 1960's if you weren't in the corps you were a small minority, obviously that has changed, but the name still remains.

SnoSki

Sounds like your word vs hers. And of course she wouldn't reveal her identity regarding such an embarrassing story.

frogs9497

Someone please contact the local HAZMAT team, as this poses a risk to the general population. On 2nd thought, perhaps the Office of Homeland Security should be involved.

Kaiser

Woman who is not in the corps, non corps members are referred to as "non-regs." Back in the 1960's if you weren't in the corps you were a small minority, obviously that has changed, but the name still remains.

Aggies also refer to Blacks as Negros. It's from the 60s. It's tradition. Don't question it.

westoverhillbilly

The aggies that I know who weren't in the Corps (non-regs from my era in the mid 70's) are/were referred to as "make believe aggies" by those who were in the corps... The general understanding is that to go to A&M and not be in the Corps is like going to a whorehouse and not getting laid- you miss the real traditions no matter how bizzare...

When I meet an Aggie, I always ask if he/she was in the Corps. The reply (when they weren't which is usually the case) is invariably a bit defensive like they are regretful or acknowledge that they aren't fully accredited with being true Aggies... A buddy of mine (an ex yell leader- they're always from the corps) tells me that asking this question is good "bull" (the corps term for bs)- he said to keep it up...