• The KillerFrogs

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
QO77YYLQRNAKXAYH2ZDZNKXH6Y.jpg

Last words were reportedly "I love you, too"

Ignoring everything else, we should all be so lucky to live to 94 and have that be our last thought.

My grandfather is in hospice care right now and I spent all day with him and the family as well as most of Thursday. He and my grandmother have been married almost 69 years. I must have heard her tell him she loved him a thousand times today. It's so sweet and tender to hear and see how much older people care for their loved ones when they've been married so long.

Leap Frog

a great president and a great man. he was from a time in america where he fought hard for his ideals but at the end of the day wanted the nation as a whole to succeed, understanding that people have different points of view.

the note he left clinton after losing the election to him shows how classy he was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...george-hw-bush-bill-clinton-letter/index.html
My belief is that 41 would have won against BC if not for Ross Perot taking 19% of votes.

Frostie

I’ve heard some crackpot theories before but this one takes the cake at the moment. He oversaw the fall of the Cold War, the Berlin Wall, and the Iron Curtain. For that alone we owe him a debt of great gratitude.
No he didn't President Reagan was responsible for all that. I hate to show disrespect for the deceased, but 41 was not a great President, nor was his sorry son.

Zubaz

Seriously, yes it occurred during Bush's Presidency, but Reagan was responsible for it. No historian will agree with you on this, Bush didnt do crap!
Theres not a historian on this planet that would agree "Bush didn't do crap".

Seriously, look at the way Bush worked with Gorbechov in the wake of the fall of the Berlin wall, German reunification, andnthe Warsw Pact nation's revolutions. That could have gone VERY differently if not for President Bush's Master class in diplomacy. This isn't really debatable.

Tom Brown

Seriously, look at the way Bush worked with Gorbechov in the wake of the fall of the Berlin wall, German reunification, andnthe Warsw Pact nation's revolutions. That could have gone VERY differently if not for President Bush's Master class in diplomacy. This isn't really debatable.

Master class. Shut this [ hundin] down.

Frostie

Yes it is. Bush's success was paved by the phenomenal work Reagan did in the previous 8 years, without all of Reagan's work, Bush would just be another Jimmy Carter.

Zubaz

Yes it is. Bush's success was paved by the phenomenal work Reagan did in the previous 8 years, without all of Reagan's work, Bush would just be another Jimmy Carter.
Everyone operates on the work of their successor. Reagan deserves his credit too. These aren't mutually exclusive.

The only reason people are objecting is the ridiculous idea youve put foreard that Bush just happened to be on office when it happened, rather than the central role he played in those events.

Frostie

Everyone operates on the work of their successor. Reagan deserves his credit too. These aren't mutually exclusive.

The only reason people are objecting is the ridiculous idea youve put foreard that Bush just happened to be on office when it happened, rather than the central role he played in those events.
Oh was I not clear, then let me be clear, Bush just happened to be in office to conclude all the great work President Reagan did in his presidency! But please keep going

Frostie

We can go all night on this, someone dies and for two or three days everyone elevates the work they did, that is what is happening right now. I am just saying no one thinks of Bush when they think of who ended the cold war, it was the late great President Reagan and every book clearly calls him out as the catalyst.Please understand I am not disparaging President Bush, just don't like the fact that folks are trying to elevate his role in the cold war.

Zubaz

Oh was I not clear, then let me be clear, Bush just happened to be in office to conclude all the great work President Reagan did in his presidency! But please keep going
Yep, still bad history. Really coming across more as Reagan fanboyism, as if Bush was just a body in office benefiting from Reagan's 8 years. It's like you think recognizing Bush's central role in navigating the issue, his foreign policy achievements and the great work he did somehow diminishes the work Reagan did. It doesn't, obviously.

Zubaz

We can go all night on this, someone dies and for two or three days everyone elevates the work they did, that is what is happening right now. I am just saying no one thinks of Bush when they think of who ended the cold war, it was the late great President Reagan and every book clearly calls him out as the catalyst.Please understand I am not disparaging President Bush, just don't like the fact that folks are trying to elevate his role in the cold war.
The whole "nobody thinks of Bush" is exactly why people are calling him underrated, and why not knowing his role is bad history. They should think of him and recognize what he did, and how differently (and infiniteli worse) it could have gone if he wasn't in office.

Reagan did not manage the US involvement in German reunification, that was Bush. That alone could have drastically shifted how the cold war ended. Not recognizing Bush's role in that is, as I said, bad history.