• The KillerFrogs

#4 TCU @ Kansas --- GAME / GAMEDAY THREAD

ATC Frog

jewstfrogit said:
This is what kills me -- they act like there are 2 factors: OOC schedule and H2H. And now they want to bring up common opponent--OU--but ignore Baylor's bad WVU loss. CFP Chair Long already eviscerated that OU argument this week ('not the same team').

I think having 5 ADs on the committee that play legit OOC schedules is going to help us on December 6.

I pray you're right. Didn't even think about the fact they compared one common opponent (OU) while completely ignoring another (WVU). I know we've beaten it to death this week, but what a crock.

ftwfrog

Jake102 said:
Didn't Herby say on Tuesday that if TCU wins we are in?
He Said on Tuesday that we control our own destiny.

Minnesota is better than Buffalo?? No [ Finebaum ]?

I still say the OOC schedule is a moot point. They lost by 14 to a team that will end up 6-5!!

MadFrog

Saying that a winning Big 10 team is a wash when compared to a losing MAC team is absolutely STUPID. As of right now, before today's games, that is saying Buffalo is equal to a top 25 team Minnesota, If they end up to be right, then Incarnate Word is going to be flooded with game requests. Then they will say xxx beat Incarnate Word by only 93 points. Either pre-season SoS counts or it does not.

Dogfrog

The media either doesn't understand or chooses to ignore what is actually going on in the committee meetings. The secret to the success of the playoff committee is to what extent they can remain focused and not allow all this external noise to influence them. If they remain true to their process there will be a lot of blowback from the media.

B

Backup Waterboy

ftwfrog said:
He Said on Tuesday that we control our own destiny.

Minnesota is better than Buffalo?? No [Craig James]?

I still say the OOC schedule is a moot point. They lost by 14 to a team that will end up 6-5!!
Herbie has relationships with several on the committee and this is not good news. It likely means the thought is shifting and we are out if both are 11-1 and Baylor is impressive. Pulling for Miami, Minn, and Oregon state today along with MSU.

FrogSole

jewstfrogit said:
DEAR GOD. BAYLOR LOST BY 2 TDs TO WEST VIRGINIA IN A GAME BAYLOR NEVER CONTROLLED WHY WONT ANYONE EVER BRING THIS UP????

I know. But they bring up the tOSU loss repeatedly. Makes no sense to bring up one school and not the other. I guess these analysts don't actually watch any football, they just spend their time talking. 

jake102

Backup Waterboy said:
Herbie has relationships with several on the committee and this is not good news. It likely means the thought is shifting and we are out if both are 11-1 and Baylor is impressive. Pulling for Miami, Minn, and Oregon state today along with MSU.
Yeh kind of worries me. I feel like Herb may know things

Dogfrog

Backup Waterboy said:
I know some here like to believe that these media guys aren't biased and are just giving their opinion but don't discount the possibility that Herbie sees this TCU Baylor controversy as somehow a plus for Ohio State's chances. After all both Ohio State and Baylor have losses to unranked teams. You can bet if it comes down to Baylor vs Ohio State he'll be screaming about Baylor's loss to WV

Frog-in-law1995

Jake102 said:
Yeh kind of worries me. I feel like Herb may know things
Herb picked Kansas State and OU last week. He knows dick. The committee isn't floating test balloons through the media. ESPN has an interest in keeping the debate alive. Simple as that.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Dogfrog said:
I know some here like to believe that these media guys aren't biased and are just giving their opinion but don't discount the possibility that Herbie sees this TCU Baylor controversy as somehow a plus for Ohio State's chances. After all both Ohio State and Baylor have losses to unranked teams. You can bet if it comes down to Baylor vs Ohio State he'll be screaming about Baylor's loss to WV

This. However, there is a lot of football left to play so I'm not worried about scenarios if the season were to end today.

ifrog

Dari Nowkhah (@ESPNDari)
11/15/14, 8:44 AM
CFP Committee Chair Jeff Long on #TCU over #Baylor: Head to head comes in if we feel teams are currently equal. We feel TCU is superior.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
ifrog said:
Dari Nowkhah (@ESPNDari)
11/15/14, 8:44 AM
CFP Committee Chair Jeff Long on #TCU over #Baylor: Head to head comes in if we feel teams are currently equal. We feel TCU is superior.

How many times are they going to make him say that?

tcumaniac

That'd be fun if baylor jumped us in the rankings just like they beat us in waco... At the last second.

God. Just the thought makes my stomach sick

berryfrog95

Take care of biz on the field, I think we're going to be ok.....the only message the committee is sending right now is if fla st can hang on, not if tcu will stay in the top 4...

SwissArmyFrog

ATC Frog said:
All of them save for Des said if both win out, Baylor gets in.

Same old talking points we've been hearing all week.

Said if it comes down to H2H vs. Minnesota/Buffalo (H2H wins out in that comparison in their opinion).

Odd that they didn't mention the very reason the committee has Baylor is behind us right now, which is their loss to WVU, but it is not surprising.

Its usually best not to listen to talk show hosts.  Their job is to take positions and talk.  They have lots of things they need to up to speed about, and simply can't spent a great deal of time looking into and researching any single issue.

TCUdirtbag

Currently, in Manhattan:

B2fflPVCcAE3VJL.jpg

Hope that stays west and doesn't come to Lawrence.