• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Patterson likes how TCU QB Matthew Downing is competing

CountryFrog

not the guy to ask and i am not sure if anyone who hasn't been at practice really has an idea of what type of quarterback matthew downing is at this time

he hasn't played much the last two years. they apparently like him, but what will he do when he is the guy behind center in a game that matters?

personally, the key next friday is the offensive line. would imagine smu is going to try to take the run game away and come after downing.

the frogs simply can't get made one dimensional in the run game or their passing game which is a fear

frogs have shown a tendency to get the ball out of the quarterback's hands against pressure. they will need to attack when they can in the pass game and control the line of scrimmage in the run game
And can our DL actually generate a pass rush? Because if they can't then SMU may score 40+ again and suddenly we need Downing to do a whole lot more than just protect the ball and limit mistakes.

Endless Purple

a few turnovers? so exactly how many are a few?
"a few turnovers" and "with few turnovers" means two different things. I would expect a per game average of under 1 for the QB position to be excellent for my happiness and team success. That said, there will be some turnovers during games, and if you need 0 to be a success, that won't happen.

Eight

2012 Boykins Fr year we beat Texas attempting 9 passes. I am not sure why we couldn't try a similar game plan again when we struggled so much last year throwing the ball.

like the idea of going run heavy, but dykes' offense with buechelle is much better than a greg davis offense with a shell shocked david ash and case mccoy

that tcu defense also had a legit pass rusher in fields as a true freshman

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
2012 Boykins Fr year we beat Texas attempting 9 passes. I am not sure why we couldn't try a similar game plan again when we struggled so much last year throwing the ball.
The defense that Thanksgiving night just beat the living crap out of the UT offensive players.