• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

82 Frog Fever

UCF claims they do.
They are doing really well and Malzahn is a great coach.
I can see why an under performer like FSU would like to have kept them out of a P5 conference.
I have a home in Venice, so we get to hear first hand all the FL. schools arguing back and forth. FSU just can’t stand it that UCF makes more $$$ than they do. It’s some pretty good fan base civil wars.

One Frog Nation

keith richards has done less harm to his liver than most c&w singers from merle's era
pkndr8q8lfa71.jpg

Eight

clips of frogs' oline prospect mitch hodnett from monroe sterlington. hodnett is going to be a mauler once he gets into this program and works with kaz and rickwe

dline prospect sterlin brooks with a goal line stop, though not exactly a form tackle

247 posted information on how the frogs commits played over the weekend

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/article/tcu-commitment-performances-week-one-214921463/

the one i didn't see mentioned was lemmermann and a lemmerman was 10 of 10 of xp's for south lake. frog commit kyle was 8 of 8 and his younger brother who is a sophomore of 2 of 2

I am a bit disappointed with the 2024 recruiting so far. Currently ranked #38 in the country in Team Rankings and historically TCU’s best recruiting rankings land in the 20’s like last year at #21.

But forget about Team Rankings because they are weighted a lot by the total number of commits. More importantly, I was hoping for a playoff bump instead of a regression in the average commit score (the commits’ star ranking). The 2024 Frogs have an 87.70 average with 17 commits. The 2023 Frogs’ class average was 88.70 with 23 recruits.

In the Big 12, UCF, #26 Team Ranking and Texas Tech, #29, both have 18 commits with a significantly better average score, 88.55 and 88.39 versus TCU’s 87.70.

Colorado only has 8 commits but they are the highest average at 89.33; they are choosing to be more selective and may be planning on scoring big in the transfer portal again.

I think the second class after a successful season benefits the most, but maybe the 2025 class will get a playoff bump. I was hoping that the 2022 on-field success, one of the two most successful Frog seasons of the modern era, would lead to the most successful recruiting class of the era, seems logical, but maybe that Georgia humiliation really dampened the affect.

Note BYU, the lowest average at 85.73 with only 12 commits; the concern is they may never recruit like a good P4 school. Why go to a Mormon school if not Mormon.

Houston is stinking too with only 8 commits at 86.33.

1694182141174.jpeg
1694182170584.jpeg

Last edited:

stbrab

I am a bit disappointed with the 2024 recruiting so far. Currently ranked #38 in the country in Team Rankings and historically TCU’s best recruiting rankings land in the 20’s like last year at #21.

But forget about Team Rankings because they are much influenced by the total number of commits. More importantly I was hoping for a playoff bump instead of a retreat in the average commit score (the commits’ star ranking). The 2024 Frogs have an 87.70 average with 17 commits. The 2023 Frogs’ class average was 88.70 with 23 recruits.

In the Big 12, UCF, #26 and Texas Tech, #29 are higher, having 18 commits with a significantly better average commit score, 88.55 and 88.39 versus TCU’s 87.70.

Colorado only has 8 commits but they are the highest average at 89.33; they are choosing to be more selective and may be planning on scoring big in the transfer portal again.

I think the second class after a successful season benefits the most, but maybe the 2025 class will get a playoff bump. I was hoping that the 2022 on-field success, one of the two most successful Frog seasons of the modern era, would lead to the most successful recruiting class of the era, seems logical, but maybe that Georgia humiliation really dampened the affect.

Note BYU, the lowest average at 85.73 with only 12 commits; the concern is they may never recruit like a good P4 school. Why go to a Mormon school if not Mormon.

Houston is stinking too with only 8 commits at 86.33.

View attachment 14817
View attachment 14818
It’s a little early to be concerned IMO. There’s a lot of football to be
played. Late bloomers, flips…a lot can happen.

helcap

WFAA game of the week is Decatur vs Stephenville. Decatur features TCU commit RB Nate Palmer. Stephenville has Frog commit Creece Brister on their OL.
You can watch on WFAA website or their channel on YouTube

Last edited:

ReedFrawg

When every team is within 3 pts on a subjective average per player is there really any separation? It all comes down to who can identify and develop players and who has the best schemes.

Latest posts