• The KillerFrogs

2024 Football Schedule

Limey Frog

@Limey Frog -- Oh, other than LIU, I think they could all be tough coming off our non-bowl year. Gotta hope a QB takes charge.
Absolutely. I think this schedule as a whole is more about where TCU football is: if we field a team that is consistent with our program's ambitions and self-perception, this is very manageable. If we're as bad as last year, there will be losses aplenty on this thing.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
GBL9hHwW8AA_XNy

@KillerFrog InD KitchenSink - Maybe I misunderstand your question. But after the first bye we travel to Utah, and host Arizona after the second bye. So we face possibly our two toughest opponents coming off our byes.
I meant no other teams we play are coming off a bye. IOW no teams have two weeks to prepare for us in conference.

I did look up SMU and they do have a bye before us.

Limey Frog

BYU / Utah
The greatest rivalry in college sports, IMO. You just can't beat sectarian hatred. Closest thing college football has to this:

(Best part about this video, btw, is that it's from an obviously not ethnically Scottish Rangers fan called Abdul, who apparently has a series of YouTube videos of himself waving a British flag with a picture of HRHQEII in the middle of it in the face of anti-Union Celtic fans, thus managing to be simultaneously sectarian/clannish and multiethnic/cosmopolitan. This is post-modernity. Also, #@&! Celtic.)

Last edited:

Limey Frog

I am surprised that the BIGXII has broken long-standing tradition, and actually done us some scheduling favors for a change.
All it took was getting Texas out of the league. Coincidence?
Why does everyone seem to think Arizona is going to be good?
Because they have their all-conference QB and top WR receiver target coming back. They may not be a 10-win team without Fisch as HC, but they'll be a tough out at the very least.

Limey Frog

Every 5 or 6 years the calendar falls with Labor Day early and Thanksgiving late giving teams an extra bye week. It will happen again next year, then back to the single bye week for awhile,
Also, I think it's next year (2025 season) that the more frequent Thursday night fixtures will start. That's when our new TV contract starts.