• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

mstrB

Yeah, it's not like we haven't seen this before. Kenny Hill, anyone? I don't think he was ever the "stud" he was supposed to be after his switch, but he sure did change his tune in terms of behavior and focus. Whether you like him or not, he played an important role after his transfer.
Other than Boykin and Dalton, hes the 3rd most important QB that rebuilt this program. First Big12 championship game. And 2018 after he left was miserable.

mstrB

when do you consider the rebuild started and when did it "end" because kenny is not above max in terms of importance to the profile of the program
I was basically thinking in terms of pre-Max, as obviously Max joins the others I mentioned as the true Big 3 and will be remembered forever. In my mind the rebuild of TCU started with LaDainlian Tomlinson and Dennis Franchione in the late 90s. From there we worked our way up the conference tiers. The beginning of the Big12 was key to keeping momentum and Kenny did a good job bridging a gap we had, and here we are back in a great position.

Eight

I was basically thinking in terms of pre-Max, as obviously Max joins the others I mentioned as the true Big 3 and will be remembered forever. In my mind the rebuild of TCU started with LaDainlian Tomlinson and Dennis Franchione in the late 90s. From there we worked our way up the conference tiers. The beginning of the Big12 was key to keeping momentum and Kenny did a good job bridging a gap we had, and here we are back in a great position.

thanks, personally i would say the rebuild ended with dalton as his tenure opened the door for the frogs to once again become part of a large conference and after that it has been a matter of maintaining the status of the program

kenny does get lost in the shuffle some and i do think he was a good quarterback for the frogs

some ways his career was very typical for the runs of quarterbacks who have come out of those slc and lake travis programs.

Eight

reminder that the first signing date is only a week away on dec. 21st.

does anyone have any ideas as to whom the early enrollees might be in this class aside from kylan salter?

An-Cap Frog

For anyone anxious for some of those CB 'd commitments to start rollin' in, Randon Fontenette is scheduled to announce his decision (;)) this Friday (the 16th) around 1:00 p.m.
Champagne Good Job GIF by VOXTUR

CryptoMiner

Nothing really new but nice pub

2. TCU is about to load up.​

Farrell’s take: FACT​

Welcome to the Horned Frogs JoJo Earle and Chris Marshall. The Alabama and Texas A&M transfers are looking like locks to Sonny Dykes and TCU and the reason why is one Malcolm Kelly. The former Sooners WR star is one of the hottest recruiters in the game and is relating to players at his old position like no one else. The playoff momentum will be large in the portal.

OICU812

Be nice to get the 24' class started with Davila (Midland QB). I have been expecting him to commit to us anyhow, but now that Tech took another 24' it seems like that should be a quick decision for him. I am not on 247 so forgive me if I am missing something here, but he sure seems like our top QB target for 24'.
A 24’ QB would be really impressive.