• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Moose Stuff

Highly entertaining match. The winner was made by the cross from Griezmann. Weighted and placed perfectly and then Le Hair did what Le Hair does.

And +4 on the France kit. Best in the tourney by far.
Agreed on the French uniforms. I liked the ones Portugal wore in the last game as well.

Purp

And apparently Grant Wahl’s brother suspects his death was the result of foul play, whoa…
It's hard to dismiss that possibility. I still think it's just a case of primitive medical care available to the masses in a 3rd world country overwhelmed by more people than it will ever see again. And I blame FIFA, which would still be true if there was foul play involved.

Purp

Christ almighty Greg. 10000000% obvious who this is and explains why he wasn’t playing. I scheissing loathe Berhalter.

Gives me a little more confidence that the McKennie situation in Nashville was also completely unnecessary and a massive overreaction that hurt the team. What an egomaniacal pecker head. Please USSF, don't resign him.

Purp

Just saw that Dortmund are going to get in on the McKennie sweepstakes in the January window. With Bellingham going out they need a replacement at that position and the way McKennie got the better of that head to head match-up has moved him high on Dortmund's wish list. I really want him at Spurs, but I'd really be happy with Dortmund too.

dawg

Grant Wahl apparently died from a ruptured aortic aneurysm.
Damn. Short of it rupturing on a surgical table, he had no chance (and even then it would be 50-50).

Croatia has nothing left vs Argentina. Must have expended all their energy beating Brazil.
Argentina always have talent, but this team seems more well-rounded around Messi, who put in a shift: a missile of a penalty into the roof of the net and a moment of utter brilliance on their third goal. I was a bit surprised Argentina didn't sub him after that, but then again they have let leads slip.