• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

tcufrogprince1

Read yesterday or today that when the USA went out of the cup, it had crossed more times than any other team in the tournament and by a pretty good margin.

Now, I know he was in pretty bad form coming in, but how in the world, if you are planning on playing that way and using the wings and crossing heavily, do you not bring Pefok in??
They didn't bring any true strikers in. Even the one they sort of had in Josh S wasn't even used

Purp

Damn, he died at the game…or on the way to the hospital. Crazy. This article has some decent info it seems but more will come out I’m sure. He was only 49.

Seems potentially shady, but I said over on 247 that I blame FIFA for his death. Diagnosed with bronchitis and he dies? Confirmed multiple times it's not corona. If you hold a WC in a civilized country that doesn't rely on slave labor to build 8 stadiums in 6 years or whatever it was then he gets quicker access to better quality medical care. And we also don't have to wonder if he was offed by some shady crown prince pissed about his outspoken and critical work on human rights in Qatar.

Chongo94

Seems potentially shady, but I said over on 247 that I blame FIFA for his death. Diagnosed with bronchitis and he dies? Confirmed multiple times it's not corona. If you hold a WC in a civilized country that doesn't rely on slave labor to build 8 stadiums in 6 years or whatever it was then he gets quicker access to better quality medical care. And we also don't have to wonder if he was offed by some shady crown prince pissed about his outspoken and critical work on human rights in Qatar.
When you hear what he said on his podcast, it does kinda make you wonder. Taken from an espn article:

On his podcast Thursday, Wahl said he had a case of bronchitis and visited the medical clinic again.

"I basically canceled everything on this Thursday that I had, and napped and I'm doing slightly better that you can probably tell in my voice that I'm not at it at 100 percent here," he said. "Hopefully I will not cough during this podcast. I'm coughing a lot. Everyone's coughing here in like this is by no means limited to me like so many journalists have got a crazy cough. It sounds like a death rattle sometimes.

"The only thing that's surprising to me actually is there isn't that much COVID here. I thought there might be a real issue with that. We're not really seeing COVID cases. We're just seeing a lot of general sickness, coughing, colds, and I can't wait to be on the other side of what I have. But I am going to be ready to go. I'm attending on Friday."

Eight

maybe it is because i haven't been drinking this morning in preparation for a tcu football game, but did i see a guy in a full batman costume along the railing in the crowd of the portugal v morocco match?

Moose Stuff

maybe it is because i haven't been drinking this morning in preparation for a tcu football game, but did i see a guy in a full batman costume along the railing in the crowd of the portugal v morocco match?
We have a football game today? Have I been asleep for 3 weeks?

Chongo94

Probably, I mean there was also this guy walking around.