• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Agree with Taylor Twellman.... this is a total crisis. It isn’t just that they lost, it’s what they looked like doing it.

I could only find the game on the Spanish channel ha.

Only saw the last few minutes but that last goal was pretty lackadaisical by the back line. If the whole team played like that the whole game, yeesh.

Chongo94

They were so totally lacking in effort, emotion, and even the slightest amount of technical skill that if you told me they lost on purpose I’d believe it.

This appears to be the majority of sentiments on Twitter as well.

I want to try to catch a replay but from what you and Twitter have said, it might be like poking my eyes out if I do.

Moose Stuff

This appears to be the majority of sentiments on Twitter as well.

I want to try to catch a replay but from what you and Twitter have said, it might be like poking my eyes out if I do.

When I tell you that outside of a couple Steffen saves and some solid defense by Long not one other player did even one positive thing I really don’t think I’m exaggerating.

Last edited:

Purp

My son had his first baseball game last night after having his appendix out so I recorded it to watch later. My wife is out of town on business so I had to get all 3 kids fed, bathed, and in bed after. Knowing the result I chose to do dishes and fold laundry rather than turn on the game. A big part of me wants to watch it, but I'm pretty sure my imagination can get me close enough.

I'm already preparing for a 2nd consecutive WC without the USMNT in spite of the easier qualification path. What a disaster.

Moose Stuff

My son had his first baseball game last night after having his appendix out so I recorded it to watch later. My wife is out of town on business so I had to get all 3 kids fed, bathed, and in bed after. Knowing the result I chose to do dishes and fold laundry rather than turn on the game. A big part of me wants to watch it, but I'm pretty sure my imagination can get me close enough.

I'm already preparing for a 2nd consecutive WC without the USMNT in spite of the easier qualification path. What a disaster.

You’d be better off rewatching the ISU game. We made Canada look like Germany and I don’t see how it gets better anytime soon. I’m fully prepared for a second straight WC minus the US.

Chongo94

Moose Stuff

Good read.

“For as righteous as all the fury aimed at Berhalter may be, though, the real culprits behind this and every other American men’s soccer failure over the years are the leaders of the federation.”

“Until people realize that Berhalter is a symptom rather than the disease, soccer in America will never get truly healthy.“

The USMNT Is An Absolute Joke, And It's All U.S. Soccer's Fault
https://deadspin.com/the-usmnt-is-an-absolute-joke-and-its-all-u-s-soccers-1839098747

Agree 110% it’s the people above Berhalter that are to blame. I’ve always been a massive USMNT fan but I’m on the verge of losing interest .

Eight

Agree 110% it’s the people above Berhalter that are to blame. I’ve always been a massive USMNT fan but I’m on the verge of losing interest .

the sad part is that right now there is no incentive for us soccer to make any changes in how they operate.

i didn't notice when i was at the gym today many if any of the talking heads up in arms over the result.

the mls is a bad league and still gets broadcast time for espn , univision, and fox because they have time slots to fill and sporting events are more profitable than created content.

the only reason to do the right thing here is BECAUSE and even then i am not sure if the collective american sporting population notices.

even in the case of the us women, the darlings of the american sporting pscyhe a few months back are a non-story with their fight for equal wages.

collin k making comments about nike shoes with betsy ross' flag draws more notice than the us women when they aren't playing and disney isnt beating us to death with their story.