• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

tcujsauce

Gonna be lots of soccer tears in here today for some of y’all.

Meh. This is the same matchday we lost 0-3 to Gladbach when I was in Allianz (horrible). Oktoberfest and big CL group win hangover. Also, LOL at all the twitter comments that constantly call the Bundesliga a farmers league. A week break will be good for Bayern with Alaba out and Hernandez needing to heal.

Chongo94

Meh. This is the same matchday we lost 0-3 to Gladbach when I was in Allianz (horrible). Oktoberfest and big CL group win hangover. Also, LOL at all the twitter comments that constantly call the Bundesliga a farmers league. A week break will be good for Bayern with Alaba out and Hernandez needing to heal.

Wait, I haven’t heard that reference before jsauce. Please explain and forgive my ignorance.

Purp

Bandwagon Liverpool fans may be the dorkiest fans out there next to Baylor dorks. Really hope they don’t win the title.
I'd rather Liverpool win than any of the other top 6 save ARSEnal. I've always had a little like for the Gunners and Lpool. Nothing but hate for City, Chelsea, and ManU though.

Chongo94

It’s mostly EPL fans that are insecure and seek to belittle any league that isn’t the EPL. Lots of fans use it to belittle other leagues. It’s really dumb

Huh, interesting, never seen or heard it before but I’m not on Twitter all that often. So essentially they are just being provincial. Lame.

dawg

It’s mostly EPL fans that are insecure and seek to belittle any league that isn’t the EPL. Lots of fans use it to belittle other leagues. It’s really dumb

Whoever is making that argument isn’t a fan of football; there’s quality everywhere. I’m EPL fan but also recognize the quality of Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, etc.

Announcers saying Wolves last “top flight” away win came in 1979. Wow.

He must have meant away victory over last season’s champion, because Wolves won at Watford this April, and two weeks ago.

Man City goes down at home vs Wolves. Wow

A shock result, no doubt. Creates an eight-point gap between them and ‘Pool.

Moose Stuff

Whoever is making that argument isn’t a fan of football; there’s quality everywhere. I’m EPL fan but also recognize the quality of Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, etc.

He must have meant away victory over last season’s champion, because Wolves won at Watford this April, and two weeks ago.

A shock result, no doubt. Creates an eight-point gap between them and ‘Pool.

Why I put “top flight” in quotes. I wasn’t really sure what he meant by that .

Chongo94

Well if the epl was anything like La Liga of late, there went the title. As it is, I’m still giving it and City the benefit of the doubt but they’re backing up to a proverbial cliff if they want to win the title this year.

dawg

Well if the epl was anything like La Liga of late, there went the title. As it is, I’m still giving it and City the benefit of the doubt but they’re backing up to a proverbial cliff if they want to win the title this year.

City have definitely left themselves little room for error. Although Liverpool did have a seven-point advantage after matchweek 20 last season before City reeled them in, dropping just three of their remaining 54 points.

Purp

Why I put “top flight” in quotes. I wasn’t really sure what he meant by that .
Maybe he meant top 4 or top 6. I wouldn't be shocked if it was 40 years between Wolves wins over the previous year's champion as a visitor. But to not beat any of the current top 4/6 in a road match in 40 years is quite a dubious streak.