• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

AJAX with the win on the road! Big big step towards them playing in the Champions League finale....vs Barca hopefully.
Spoiler alerts please! I'm recording it and you ruined my evening. Now Spurs have a tough row to hoe in the CL and they're trending out of the top 4 finish in the Premiership. I'm nervous over here.

talor

Spoiler alerts please! I'm recording it and you ruined my evening. Now Spurs have a tough row to hoe in the CL and they're trending out of the top 4 finish in the Premiership. I'm nervous over here.
Apologies. Recording of live events in my opinion doesn't get spoiler status...but I changed my thread if you want to edit yours for the sake of others. Sorry

Purp

Apologies. Recording of live events in my opinion doesn't get spoiler status...but I changed my thread if you want to edit yours for the sake of others. Sorry
I generally agree, but live sporting events in the middle of a workday should get an exception. I tried to get away to watch in a bar, but was just too busy.

Chongo94

I don’t think I’ll be watching Barcelona and Liverpool today...may try to take in the Avengers so y’all can spoil away as you please.

Although this is considered the true championship I guess by some, the Ajax-Tottenham game was/is the one holding my main interest.

Guess I’ll be pulling for Barcelona but mainly just because I dislike Liverpool and the amount of bandwagon fans that will come from them winning or winning the PL title will be equal to, if not surpassing, Chelsea and Manchester United.

Frog-in-law1995

I don’t think I’ll be watching Barcelona and Liverpool today...may try to take in the Avengers so y’all can spoil away as you please.

Well, OK. If you’re sure you don’t mind a spoiler...

S477ypM.jpg

Purp

Although this is considered the true championship I guess by some, the Ajax-Tottenham game was/is the one holding my main interest.

Guess I’ll be pulling for Barcelona but mainly just because I dislike Liverpool and the amount of bandwagon fans that will come from them winning or winning the PL title will be equal to, if not surpassing, Chelsea and Manchester United.
I agree about the Barca/Liverpool match-up playing second fiddle, but I disagree about your chosen side.

I'm not a Liverpool supporter or hater (lean more in this direction b/c I was always more partial to Everton when Timmy was there), but I definitely am tired of seeing the same clubs take the CL every year. Give me someone new and the reds defeating Barca will seal that deal for me.

Also, I'm not worried about the bandwagon fans for Liverpool. The ones with United and Chelsea are nauseating and I'd kinda enjoy watching new bandwagon fans of another club give the ones from Chelsea and United some grief. It would be even better if neither Chelsea nor United finished in the top 4, but that doesn't appear likely with 2 fixtures left.

Finally, I am rooting for Liverpool to win the Premiership b/c I DO NOT want City to win it. Darn that noise. I also think I'd be happy appreciating the resurrection story of Liverpool winning the CL and Premiership title in the same year if it were to happen. As long as it isn't a club I loathe I'd kinda enjoy it.

Darn Barca!

And COYS!

talor

but I definitely am tired of seeing the same clubs take the CL every year. Give me someone new and the reds defeating Barca will seal that deal for me.
Soooooo you want the same team that was in the final last year to return again...but want to see new teams? Makes sense.

Purp

Soooooo you want the same team that was in the final last year to return again...but want to see new teams? Makes sense.
When did Liverpool last win the Champion's League? 2005

How many times have Barca won it since Liverpool last did it? 4

Since my choice to face Ajax/Spurs in the final is between those two give me the one who hasn't won it 4 times in the last 14 years and has only won it once in the last 30+ years. I also articulated that my clear preference, like Chongo, was for Spurs or Ajax. I will root for either of those sides against the eventual winner between Barca and Liverpool.

You seem like a sad, angry human. None of that was hard to discern from what I said. Try a Snickers.

talor

When did Liverpool last win the Champion's League? 2005

How many times have Barca won it since Liverpool last did it? 4

Since my choice to face Ajax/Spurs in the final is between those two give me the one who hasn't won it 4 times in the last 14 years and has only won it once in the last 30+ years. I also articulated that my clear preference, like Chongo, was for Spurs or Ajax. I will root for either of those sides against the eventual winner between Barca and Liverpool.

You seem like a sad, angry human. None of that was hard to discern from what I said. Try a Snickers.
Buzz-Lightyear-Sad-Sad-Little-Man-Gif.gif

Purp

Looking at the stats Liverpool played fairly even with Barca. They just didn't finish at the same level. It looks like Messi was Messi today. Big hill to climb for the English sides in leg 2.

Chongo94

I agree about the Barca/Liverpool match-up playing second fiddle, but I disagree about your chosen side.

I'm not a Liverpool supporter or hater (lean more in this direction b/c I was always more partial to Everton when Timmy was there), but I definitely am tired of seeing the same clubs take the CL every year. Give me someone new and the reds defeating Barca will seal that deal for me.

Also, I'm not worried about the bandwagon fans for Liverpool. The ones with United and Chelsea are nauseating and I'd kinda enjoy watching new bandwagon fans of another club give the ones from Chelsea and United some grief. It would be even better if neither Chelsea nor United finished in the top 4, but that doesn't appear likely with 2 fixtures left.

Finally, I am rooting for Liverpool to win the Premiership b/c I DO NOT want City to win it. Darn that noise. I also think I'd be happy appreciating the resurrection story of Liverpool winning the CL and Premiership title in the same year if it were to happen. As long as it isn't a club I loathe I'd kinda enjoy it.

Darn Barca!

And COYS!

I can respect that. Think I’ve just had bad interactions with Liverpool fans over the years one in particular that stained my perception of them.

Nothing will change my opinion of ManU fans though haha.

tcujsauce

In case anyone is in Fort Worth and feels like coming to a bar on Saturday at 8:30am to watch some Bundesliga action, we’ll be having a watch party at Upper 90 for the Bayern/Hannover match. Pretty sure it’ll end up being just my wife and I lol.

Chongo94

In case anyone is in Fort Worth and feels like coming to a bar on Saturday at 8:30am to watch some Bundesliga action, we’ll be having a watch party at Upper 90 for the Bayern/Hannover match. Pretty sure it’ll end up being just my wife and I lol.

I may make that jsauce, depends on the weather and my niece’s game time.