• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

They’re ranked 42 to our 71 ONLY because they have more commitments than we do, most of which are low rated players we didn’t want. And the ONLY reason they have Adedire is because of Fitch. Same reason we have Hudson and Biddle.
It is the average of the player‘s rating that most interests me—TCU’s has been good in previous years, only behind Texas and Oklahoma. Noteworthy is Tech’s new staff is off to a good fast start with the 2023 commits, having four highly rated commits for an average of .8966 and one other not yet rated—good enough for #1 in the Big 12 and #4 in the nation (247sports composite).

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

In the late 60s, Coach Taylor came in with the push to make TCU a national recruiting force, and he ended up making things infinitely worse. GP started taking a more national focus a number of years ago, and I think that was a contributing factor in his team’s slide.
Love Sonny’s efforts toward locking down DFW. As you know, this is one of the top 5 recruiting areas, and we should own most of it.

peacock

As of 3pm ct 12/14/21
24/7 Composite
Rank - 66
Big 12 - 9

24/7 Overall Big 12 Player Rating Average per commitment
1. Oklahoma 90.76
2. Texas 90.53
3. TCU 88.98
4. Oklahoma St. 87.52
5. West Virginia 86.67
6. Iowa State 86.60
7. Baylor 86.25
8. Texas Tech 86.00
9. Kansas State 84.72
10, Kansas 84.00

88.98 average player rating currently puts the Frogs 15th nationally just ahead of USC 88.92 and Michigan 88.85

Always remember it's usually Quality not Quantity on Signing Day!

Last edited:

peacock

as of 3:30p ct 12/14/21
On3 Composite

Nation - 25
Big 12 - 3

On3 Overall Big 12 Player Rating average per commitment
1. Oklahoma 90.42
2. Texas 89.80
3. TCU 88.93
4. Oklahoma State 87.61
5 West Virginia 86.82
6. Iowa State 86.34
7. Baylor 86.17
8. Texas Tech 85.61
9. Kansas State 83.92
10. Kansas 81.58

By overall player rankings Frogs rank 16th nationally

Last edited:
On3 Composite

Nation - 25
Big 12 - 3

1. Oklahoma 90.42
2. Texas 89.80
3. TCU 88.93
4. Oklahoma State 87.61
5 West Virginia 86.82
6. Iowa State 86.34
7. Baylor 86.17
8. Texas Tech 85.61
9. Kansas State 83.92
10. Kansas 81.58

I did not know of On3 rankings. For the team ranking, compared to 247, they must put more value on the average player rating versus total number of recruits. I like that. I wonder how their player ratings are regarded relative to 247 composite. If it too is a composite of ranking services then maybe it is similar.

Last edited:

peacock

I did not know of On3 rankings. For the team ranking, compared to 247, they must put more value on the average player rating versus total number of recruits. I like that. I wonder how their player ratings are regarded relative to 247 composite.
Apparently the guy that launched Rivals and 24/7 has started a third recruiting service

asleep003

On3 Composite

Nation - 25
Big 12 - 3

1. Oklahoma 90.42
2. Texas 89.80
3. TCU 88.93
4. Oklahoma State 87.61
5 West Virginia 86.82
6. Iowa State 86.34
7. Baylor 86.17
8. Texas Tech 85.61
9. Kansas State 83.92
10. Kansas 81.58

That 88.930 rating will probly not hold after tomorrow...

Apparently the guy that launched Rivals and 24/7 has started a third recruiting service
Wow, Shannon Terry has done well and with that pedigree maybe in time we will rely on On3 just as much or more than 247Sports. I have read two or three On3 articles recently, knowing nothing about On3, so thanks for the info. Again, I like that for the Team Rankings it appears he puts more weight on the average player rating versus total number of recruits.

Last edited:

Eight

So far we've had 10 decommits. Adedire at 250 lbs. is too small for our interior defensive line, even if they put 30 lbs. on him. Still too small as the talk by Dykes and JG want a minimum of 300 lbs. for the interior. Don't know if Adedire was going to be DE in GPs plan or not as he played inside and out in HS. This recruiting approach by the previous staff was not working. It was taking too much time to get them ready for Power 5. As a reference to this, look what SMU did to our interior and they aren't even a Power 5. Probably a better reference is what OSU did. We are on the right path.

will be interesting to see how the defensive line develops over the next few years.

as you point out adedire at 250 doesn't project to being an interior defensive lineman, but if he can effectively carry 260-270 there is no reason to think he couldn't be an effective 5 technique for the frogs.

bama has run three bigger down defensive linemen, but they also have pretty much gotten their chose of defensive line recruits. iowa state has used two defensive ends who are in that 250-270 range and been very effective when paired when a big, physical nose.

williams and the two edge players project to a nice potential front. not sure how much they contribute next year and it will be very interesting to watch what happens with the defensive linemen on the roster who opt to stay for next year.

4th. down

will be interesting to see how the defensive line develops over the next few years.

as you point out adedire at 250 doesn't project to being an interior defensive lineman, but if he can effectively carry 260-270 there is no reason to think he couldn't be an effective 5 technique for the frogs.

bama has run three bigger down defensive linemen, but they also have pretty much gotten their chose of defensive line recruits. iowa state has used two defensive ends who are in that 250-270 range and been very effective when paired when a big, physical nose.

williams and the two edge players project to a nice potential front. not sure how much they contribute next year and it will be very interesting to watch what happens with the defensive linemen on the roster who opt to stay for next year.
"two defensive ends who are in that 250-270 range and been very effective when paired when a big, physical nose."

Believe this is where JG is headed but still.......got to have some real safeties that know how to cover/hit/attitude which we don't have presently. No more recruiting offensive players and switching them to safeties.

Presently, we are so weak on safeties and JG really depends on them on his 3/3/5 alignment to come up and make the tackle on the flanks. After spring ball he may decide to run more of a 3/4 or a variation of it because of the safety situation. If they miss that open field tackle on the flank, it's to the house. He might pick up a couple in the portal to help solve the situation.