• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

bp4tcu

So far we've had 10 decommits. Adedire at 250 lbs. is too small for our interior defensive line, even if they put 30 lbs. on him. Still too small as the talk by Dykes and JG want a minimum of 300 lbs. for the interior. Don't know if Adedire was going to be DE in GPs plan or not as he played inside and out in HS. This recruiting approach by the previous staff was not working. It was taking too much time to get them ready for Power 5. As a reference to this, look what SMU did to our interior and they aren't even a Power 5. Probably a better reference is what OSU did. We are on the right path.
meh...I feel like comments like this when we lose guys always pop up. It's the "im ok with losing him" comment in so many words.

Dude is a stud and this is a loss. He's one of the top players in the state, period. It'd be one thing if we lost him to Washington State, but an in state, in conference rival is not good.

Tech lost a coach this year too and they some how managed to lose I think just one player. They're currently ranked 42 to our 71. It's very concerning what they're doing out there.

Wexahu

meh...I feel like comments like this when we lose guys always pop up. It's the "im ok with losing him" comment in so many words.

Dude is a stud and this is a loss. He's one of the top players in the state, period. It'd be one thing if we lost him to Washington State, but an in state, in conference rival is not good.

Tech lost a coach this year too and they some how managed to lose I think just one player. They're currently ranked 42 to our 71. It's very concerning what they're doing out there.
I think it's funny when people get worked up over recruiting rankings. They've almost taken on a life of their own because media outlets have learned how to capitalize on ranking every player down to the the third or fourth decimal point knowing enough people are dumb enough to get caught up in the lunacy of it all. It all matters even less now with the recruitment of high school kids (for obvious reasons) but it still won't keep fans from obsessing over where their class ranks, highest rating per recruit, and all that stuff.

I've been guilty of it too there's no doubt, but I'm finally getting to the point where I don't really care. We'll find out if we're any good or not next September.

Moose Stuff

They’re ranked 42 to our 71 ONLY because they have more commitments than we do, most of which are low rated players we didn’t want. And the ONLY reason they have Adedire is because of Fitch. Same reason we have Hudson and Biddle.

Toad Jones

Makes you wonder if Houston had not been given a Big 12 membership would Matthew Golden be choosing them?
Appears to me, recruiting has become even more competitive with the addition of new B12 members. If you can out recruit your competition your going to have success. For that reason I say Texas will play second fiddle to Jimbo. I don't know what or how he talks to recruits and family but few are better at it.

4th. down

Like Yogi said "it ain't over till it's over." What's our PRIMARY purpose of need right now, for this coming fall? IMO, it's win baby. We cannot win this season with freshmen......it ain't going to happen. So, what do we do, have a great HS recruiting class and finish 7th. in the conf. or hit the Portal hard for interior linemen, a RB, Safety, and a QB and try and get to 8-4? I'll take the Portal and a possible 8-4.

CountryFrog

Wake me up the next time Tech beats us on the football field and I'll let you know concerning all this is.

HornyWartyToad

Like Yogi said "it ain't over till it's over." What's our PRIMARY purpose of need right now, for this coming fall? IMO, it's win baby. We cannot win this season with freshmen......it ain't going to happen. So, what do we do, have a great HS recruiting class and finish 7th. in the conf. or hit the Portal hard for interior linemen, a RB, Safety, and a QB and try and get to 8-4? I'll take the Portal and a possible 8-4.
I did not know Lenny Kravitz was a Yogi.

Palliative Care

Wow getting Williams is amazing. These guys are starting to put together something very intriguing for next year. I might just have to reup my season tickets after all. I am not expecting greater than 7 or 8 wins but that would beat the last several years for sure.