• The KillerFrogs

2022 NFL Thread

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Watching the Bills/Bengals game. Bills player Hamlin seriously hurt. Ambulance on the field. CPR, oxygen.
I pray that he's okay.

Play suspended for now.

It looked like a routine hit, he stood up for a couple of seconds, then fell flat backwards.

Last edited:

Frog92

Yeah.

Young baseball players are probably the most at risk. I coached youth baseball and I was concerned about taking precautions against it. They make chest protectors for pitchers to help prevent it.

I pray that he’s okay.
Our local league has a defibrillator on hand for this, as I think most do now. Around 12 years ago, shortly after we got it, we had to use it on a kid hit in the chest by a throw. 10 year old kid. Saved his life (not me, but those who recognized and made it happen very promptly).

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
you don't miss those navigating dc during a snow storm?
One snowy morning, Naval District Washington directed us to report for duty. So I drove to my command, had a big cup of coffee, and word came down that we were released. Go home! Sheesh. Without thinking ahead I left, and the Beltway was a big, snowy parking lot. After an hour or so, I had to pee so badly! I considered pulling over and making yellow snow, but that would be so unseemly, especially in uniform. Fortunately, I had a good bladder and finally made it home. But lesson learned.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Watching Bengals v Bills.
Making me really glad to be in Texas. Snow is pretty to look at, bad to be out in.
That’s the way I was when we moved here from Houston. But it just makes it feel colder if you don’t get out in it. Its like the heat and humidity in the Gulf Coast. You acclimate. Still not sure I’d want to sit in a snowy stadium. But at 71, there are a lot of things I wouldn’t do now that I would do years ago…