• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

I don’t support either side.

I think Tony Clark’s time leading the MLBPA has been an absolute failure.

MLBPA has gotten routed in previous negotiations with owners … and the MLBPA is trying to make up for a lot of that this time around.

It’s their right to try and do that.

It’s also fair to expect the owners weren’t just going to give them everything they wanted.

So we’re at the very predictable point of canceling games.

Tony Clark always had Eli Manning dumb face. I was shocked when he ended up as the face of MLBPA.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I am sure the Rangers are loving having their sole Yankees home series for the year cancelled so the Dodgers can continue their greed
The Rangers are going to miss out on 160k fans. That was going to be a 4 game series AND opening day/weekend. Talk about a kick to the nuts.

I'm telling yall the scheissing BBQ Grill is cursed. First the covid season, then a [ Finebaum ]ty team and now the lockout. We need to blow that [ hundin] up and go back across the street to The Ballpark.

The Rangers are going to miss out on 160k fans. That was going to be a 4 game series AND opening day/weekend. Talk about a kick to the nuts.

I'm telling yall the scheissing BBQ Grill is cursed. First the covid season, then a [ #2020 ]ty team and now the lockout. We need to blow that [ hundin] up and go back across the street to The Ballpark.

At least find a way to take the lid across the street.

geefrogs

Astros were meant to open at home with Phillies and Yankees. Big oof. Now if the season starts on April 7th, they start the season on a 9-game road trip. womp womp.

ftwfrog

I'm telling yall the scheissing BBQ Grill is cursed. First the covid season, then a [ #2020 ]ty team and now the lockout. We need to blow that [ hundin] up and go back across the street to The Ballpark.
And hundreds of fans who get Bally’s Sports.

FBallFan123

Interesting thread by Jesse Rogers.

Looks back at what Jeff Passan wrote 1/5 about what a deal might look like (after talking to one owner, two league officials, two general managers, one assistant GM, four players, one union official and two agents.)

Looks a lot like what the owners were offering….

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I really like how when you look out the windows from inside the BBQ Grill you see…another perfectly good baseball stadium.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
This amuses me more than it should. Apologies if someone here is the owner of the BBQ Grill.
Back in 2019/2020 when it was still under construction, there was a picture floating around somewhere, where someone had turned the artist rendering of the finished stadium into a bbq grill. If it wasn't on here then I saw it on Twitter.

I've been calling it The BBQ Grill ever since. Feel free to use it as much as you want.

geefrogs

Another meeting. Players made a proposal. Some movement. At this point though, I think we all are just waiting on an agreement being announced. Wondering when the league will have to cancel more series if this continues to drag on.