• The KillerFrogs

2022 Fiesta Bowl Complaints Thread

You should have been at the Rose Bowl then. Took thirty minutes to get into the restroom at the Rose Bowl. Went twice during the FB and had no problem getting in and out both times within just a few minutes.
Yeah, the Rose Bowl bathroom line was pretty epic but that stadium was built in the 1920's. Creature comforts in stadiums were more of an afterthought in that era than when State Farm was built in the mid aughts so they had some time to figure that all out. Whatever, we won and my bladder lived to see another day.

NewFrogFan

I parked in east preferred around 12:00 ish (traffic was slow going for the last 1/2 mile but not that bad), parked and ate lunch in my rental car (was there solo) walked up to the stadium and walked right in around 12:30. Lines were minimal. Merch lines however were insanely long and when did the price of a hoodies reach $70?
The world changed in one hour.

TCURiggs

Thought the Men's restroom near our section that had zero urinals was small and weird, and it caused long lines, but was really only an issue pre-game and early on. That's the extent of things I could possibly "complain" about that day but didn't really give a ship about it then or now. Took a bit to get into the stadium as well, but it was kind of fun being stuck with that many people, mostly Frog fans at that gate (ran into some buddies and Dave Portnoy/Barstool Pres), and we still made it in on time. Top five-ish day of my life. Ha.

Cougar/Frog

The press box was hermetically sealed and didn't allow crowd reactions or Boyz II Men to be heard.
I noticed how quiet the press box was for the last game. It is the only time I have ever been to a game in the press box so I don't know if that is normal. I felt so distant from the game.

I really was shocked in the Boise Fiesta Bowl going to the field in the 4th quarter and hearing how loud it was.

I much more enjoyed this game for the atmosphere, though I thought the press box was fun last time. Or maybe I just like winning better and having the game matter.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I noticed how quiet the press box was for the last game. It is the only time I have ever been to a game in the press box so I don't know if that is normal. I felt so distant from the game.

I really was shocked in the Boise Fiesta Bowl going to the field in the 4th quarter and hearing how loud it was.

I much more enjoyed this game for the atmosphere, though I thought the press box was fun last time. Or maybe I just like winning better and having the game matter.
The press box is supposed to be a "safe space" of professional decorum, meaning no cheering or bias comments allowed. Jeremy Clark (24/7) and I were pretty close to breaking that rule on that last second targeting review :D Unfortunately it does make for a sterile experience watching from a box office being sealed off from the crowd reaction like at State Farm Stadium. AT&T is slightly better (they have large holes in the glass), and while The Carter doesn't open the press box windows like the toilet seat in Waco, it does allow a good portion of the crowd noise to pass through the thinner windows.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Thought the Men's restroom near our section that had zero urinals was small and weird, and it caused long lines, but was really only an issue pre-game and early on. That's the extent of things I could possibly "complain" about that day but didn't really give a ship about it then or now. Took a bit to get into the stadium as well, but it was kind of fun being stuck with that many people, mostly Frog fans at that gate (ran into some buddies and Dave Portnoy/Barstool Pres), and we still made it in on time. Top five-ish day of my life. Ha.
A men’s restroom without urinals is a women’s restroom. You seem to have misread the signs. Which I know can be confusing in this new world.

Good seeing you Saturday. Wish I had had some more time to drink a beer with your crew.

smufrogger

This! We got off the freeway at about 1220 and got to our seat right before kickoff. Nowhere was there anyone telling us where to go and we even had to go back down from the 400s to cross over to the other side of the end zone. Traffic moved crazy slow and the police seemed more interested in writing tickets for people exiting vehicles early than they were in properly directing traffic. They were all in foul moods. Bought a parking pass online that was marked east parking but didn't say anything about a color (it was green) and none of the signs referenced an east lot. They all referenced colors. We were neck deep into the parking before anyone looked at my pass. If we'd been in wrong spot we'd have been screwed. The security was fairly smooth but the ticket scanning was a major bottleneck. Turns out parking was on opposite side of stadium from our seats. Concession lines were insane which I get but was surprised no walking drink vendors. I'm not one of those guys who can't watch the game w/o a beer in my hand but a $6 bottle of water would have been nice. We spoke w several staff members, none of whom seemed familiar with the layout of the stadium or the parking. Piss poor event IMHO.

Silly me I assume if you leave home 2.5 hours before kickoff you should be in your seat in plenty of time.

Other than that it was one of the greatest days of my life.
Thr police around the stadium did all they could to keep me from entering the west preferred parking- two officers told me wrong directions- thr second one I ignored his directions to make a u turn since I could visualize the parking section ahead of me!!

Zubaz

It was kind of a bummer I couldn't find any parking lot bootleg tshirts that said we were Fiesta Bowl champs. Did, however, see a few vendors dragging away their Michigan Fiesta Bowl Champions gear.

[I have a friend that actually bought a TCU Fiesta Bowl Champions knock off shirt in Phoenix.....on Friday night]

Purple Hearted

My notes and thoughts:

I didn’t feel like the parking process was PAINFULLY long. We entered from the east side at 91st and Cardinal. The problem I had was there was ZERO direction. When you go to Cowboys Stadium, lots are labeled well and there is plenty of signage. AT&T is pristine compared to State Farm. Lines formed with no indication of where you were supposed to be. After 20-30 min of being in line, we finally got to the front. We had paid for East Preferred and managed to be in line for the East Lot. The guy said “I’m not going to make you leave and get in another line. Just park in here.” So we did, even though it wasn’t exactly what we paid for. That didn’t matter to me, though. We got into the lot around 11:30 after getting off of the freeway around 11:00.

Very similar to our experience. Got to the stadium area around 10:45. We had a parking pass for the blue lot, but there were no signs, no direction of where to go to reach the Blue lot. There was plenty of signage for the Orange, Grey, etc lots but nothing for the blue so I just followed traffic on Cardinal Way. Took a guess that it must be somewhere off of 95th, but a cop told us (after we had turned) that we needed to go back the other way, go up a couple of blocks, etc, etc. The problem was that you couldn't turn around so I'm a ball of stress and frustration and I'm sure real pleasant to be around when we finally get to the first area that we could turn around at, and as I'm getting ready to turn around, there on a sandwich board is a sign for the Blue lot. We parked a little after 11:30.

I was obviously pleased to land, but incredulous to think that I might still be driving around had I followed Mr. Police Man's directions. Surely he knew what he was telling me....

Pretty easy from there. Tried to find a place to sit and have a few bevvies before the game but the square (not sure what it's called) was absolutely packed. Mostly with TCU folk from what I could see. Due to that, we went to the stadium and had no problem getting in. I remember the countdown clock was at 88 minutes to kick off so some stood in line for merch while some went tom find some beverages.

Purple Hearted

Thr police around the stadium did all they could to keep me from entering the west preferred parking- two officers told me wrong directions- thr second one I ignored his directions to make a u turn since I could visualize the parking section ahead of me!!

Same. I think I was purposely told the wrong directions by the police. Pretty sure of it actually

06DallasFrog

It was kind of a bummer I couldn't find any parking lot bootleg tshirts that said we were Fiesta Bowl champs. Did, however, see a few vendors dragging away their Michigan Fiesta Bowl Champions gear.

[I have a friend that actually bought a TCU Fiesta Bowl Champions knock off shirt in Phoenix.....on Friday night]
Because we won and have a smaller fan base, there are lot more shirts keeping the underprivileged warm right now. We won for the world.