Camera work missed pick six
Rougher passer was BS
Trophy ceremony not show bc Georgia pregame
Showed McCarthy gf but not Duggans
Kept showing the same fan 9x
No mention of first meeting ever
Didnt get prime announcers
Only showed showgirls for 1 second
Announcers were ESPN's #2 pair. You know Kirk gets to choose his game so we weren't getting him and Fowler.

Didn't they have the trophy ceremony on an alternate channel? Just asking.

Total BS on the showgirls. Everyone I've talked to that watched the TV broadcast said it was focused on Michigan fans. ESPN is known for focusing on 2 to 4 sets of fans every game. Formula is usually something like one set of parents (remember Spencer Sanders' mom?), some random set (usually guys) that will play to the camera, a set of pretty girls, .....

CardFrog

They were assigning gates (at least that is what they told me) so you had to go where they told you and it was a [ Finebaum ] show but who the cares, got in and immediately noticed the TCU vibe was way stronger than Blue and more importantly half the stadium was purple which I was not expecting. I beleive the long lines are because the bulk of the michigan faithful can't read and went to the wrong place and had to turn around and find the right palce.

CardFrog

They were assigning gates (at least that is what they told me) so you had to go where they told you and it was a [ Finebaum ] show but who cares, got in and immediately noticed the TCU vibe was way stronger than Blue and more importantly half the stadium was purple which I was not expecting. I beleive the long lines are because the bulk of the michigan faithful can't read and went to the wrong place and had to turn around and find the right palce.
and apparently I can't spell :)

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
We were in Club level so the experience may be different. Entry was a breeze, we walked in at noon.

Every FB staffer or server I interacted with was pleasant, enthusiastic and helpful. Concession lines were reasonable and bathrooms relatively clean. (The post-urination hand washing rate of MU fans is low, low)

Because we hung around after the game getting out of the lot and back to the hotel was also easy.

Had TCU lost maybe my report would not glow so much.

I will say that overall the stadium shows her age

The lower level of that stadium needs twice the number of restrooms. I don’t recall it being so bad for the first Fiesta Bowl when I was in the upper deck but the lines were insane. I know people like to complain about AT&T stadium but I was able to pee and get food at halftime of the Big 12 Championship Game in 10 minutes.

Spike

Got to the stadium two hours before kickoff after exiting off of the 101 freeway to Cardinals Way. Then the slowest moving traffic ever in getting to park began. Beyond ridiculous when you see a number of people bailing out of cars in frustration and heading to the stadium. Nothing more frustrating than being right at a stadium, but then it takes an hour to finally park. Horrible traffic management by the single Glendale cop working the light box at the intersection of Cardinals Way and 91st. Street. Nobody bothered to scan our parking pass, which leads me to believe we could have parked for free.

This! We got off the freeway at about 1220 and got to our seat right before kickoff. Nowhere was there anyone telling us where to go and we even had to go back down from the 400s to cross over to the other side of the end zone. Traffic moved crazy slow and the police seemed more interested in writing tickets for people exiting vehicles early than they were in properly directing traffic. They were all in foul moods. Bought a parking pass online that was marked east parking but didn't say anything about a color (it was green) and none of the signs referenced an east lot. They all referenced colors. We were neck deep into the parking before anyone looked at my pass. If we'd been in wrong spot we'd have been screwed. The security was fairly smooth but the ticket scanning was a major bottleneck. Turns out parking was on opposite side of stadium from our seats. Concession lines were insane which I get but was surprised no walking drink vendors. I'm not one of those guys who can't watch the game w/o a beer in my hand but a $6 bottle of water would have been nice. We spoke w several staff members, none of whom seemed familiar with the layout of the stadium or the parking. Piss poor event IMHO.

Silly me I assume if you leave home 2.5 hours before kickoff you should be in your seat in plenty of time.

Other than that it was one of the greatest days of my life.

Last edited:

r7commish

This! We got off the freeway at about 1220 and got to our seat right before kickoff. Nowhere was there anyone telling us where to go and we even had to go back down from the 40s to cross over to the other side of the engine. Traffic moved crazy slow and the police seemed more interested in writing tickets for people exiting vehicles early than they were in properly directing traffic. They were all in foul moods. Bought a parking pass online that was marked east parking but didn't say anything about a color (it was green) and none of the signs referenced an east lot. They all referenced colors. We were neck deep into the parking before anyone looked at my pass. If we'd been in wrong spot we'd have been screwed. The security was fairly smooth but the ticket scanning was a major bottleneck. Turns out parking was on opposite side of stadium from our seats. Concession lines were insane which I get but was surprised no walking drink vendors. I'm not one of those guys who can't watch the game w/o a beer in my hand but a $6 bottle of water would have been nice. We spoke w several staff members, none of whom seemed familiar with the layout of the stadium or the parking. Piss poor event IMHO.

Silly me I assume if you leave home 2.5 hours before kickoff you should be in your seat in plenty of time.

Other than that it was one of the greatest days of my life.
I got lucky that my parking pass said east preferred- must enter at 91st and Maryland so I headed straight up 91st after grabbing a nice cold fountain DP at the QT on Indian School rode (which was full of Frogs). I get down 91st and there’s no sign that says East Preferred only colors (gray and green I think). I quickly found out which one was east preferred since the digital sign said head to Maryland. If not for that I would have been stuck in massive line for the wrong lot.

frogteacher70

I had a problem reentering my section after a trip to the restroom For some reason the officious stadium workers decided that I might be in the same category as the inebriated young folks across from us. They wanted my ticket which I couldn’t pull up fast enough. The rude woman on guard duty questioned whether I might have gotten into the venue without a ticket She put her hand on me to stop me. I’m almost 74. If I wanted to be a scofflaw, I would’ve done it long ago. Suffice it to say, I breezed on by. Otherwise, everyone was lovely, including the Michiganders, who kept complimenting the Fogs and congratulating us. I don’t know if I would have ever been so magnanimous.

frogteacher70

I got lucky that my parking pass said east preferred- must enter at 91st and Maryland so I headed straight up 91st after grabbing a nice cold fountain DP at the QT on Indian School rode (which was full of Frogs). I get down 91st and there’s no sign that says East Preferred only colors (gray and green I think). I quickly found out which one was east preferred since the digital sign said head to Maryland. If not for that I would have been stuck in massive line for the wrong lot.
I read that direction and ignored it. My bad. I caused our problems on parking.

Horned Toad

Bathroom lines were the worst I have ever experienced at any game. By far.
You should have been at the Rose Bowl then. Took thirty minutes to get into the restroom at the Rose Bowl. Went twice during the FB and had no problem getting in and out both times within just a few minutes.

ReedFrawg

You should have been at the Rose Bowl then. Took thirty minutes to get into the restroom at the Rose Bowl. Went twice during the FB and had no problem getting in and out both times within just a few minutes.
I was at the rose bowl. This fiesta bowl was far worse. Must have just been an unlucky area of the stadium.