• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Maybe he switches positions, but picking up a 4* RB right now feels a little opulent all things considered.

have friends who coach in that district and the kid is a legit football player who can easily play on either side of the ball.

played back at forest primarily because it was the easiest way to get the ball into his hands and as crypto pointed out he ran a verified 10.7 100m last spring. think of a derius davis type athlete and that is watkins.

CardFrog

have friends who coach in that district and the kid is a legit football player who can easily play on either side of the ball.

played back at forest primarily because it was the easiest way to get the ball into his hands and as crypto pointed out he ran a verified 10.7 100m last spring. think of a derius davis type athlete and that is watkins.
yes please.

CryptoMiner

MAC DPOY and All American linebacker from Western Michigan Treshaun Hayard 6-1/235. In 2019 with 11 starts had 142 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 5.0 sacks, one PBU, one caused fumble, one fumble recovery and one QB pressure.

ANDERBURNS!!
I think in addition to no first downs we had something like 16 yards of total offense the first half. An example of how bad that offense was, the OL pass blocked several times on run plays and could not even keep track of left and right. I remember a play where we were pulling the G and T and handed off to a RB to run between the G and T that we’re pulling. Obviously, that got blown up.

Someone who wasn’t around then might think you’re exaggerating on how bad it was. You’re not.

Eight

JaQuinden Jackson (Duncanville/UT/QB) officially in the portal. Wonder if we/he will have any interest?

possibly, but if i had to pick a spot i might lean smu.

samples just signed a 3-year extension with the mustangs, they have a couple of kids committed from duncanville, and are still in the hunt for byrd.

Eight

And have one of the top QBs in the country committed too.

stone is a very good prospect, curious if they made the mistake in telling him he would be the only quarterback taken because as we have learned you can't have enough quality quarterback prospects on your roster

Eight

Yep. I'm always a bit skeptical of the highly rated small private school kids though, just seems like a lot more of them end up not being as good as advertised.

talking with a couple of friends who are texas ex's the thought is yurich prefers a more polished passer and less of an athlete to run his offense.

if that is the case we may see texas shift the load of the run game off the quarterback position. following that line of thinking card is thought to be the next starting quarterback at texas which would leave thompson and jackson fighting for the back up spot as well as there was some speculation texas might want to try to move jackson to another position.

if he wants to come to tcu come on, but i still suspect the relationship with samples will win out unless there were promises made to stone.

Eight

I heard Ossai was headed to NFL. Haven't seen anything official.

hopefully i did this right

EpNiYUjXUAgIfdN

Wexahu

talking with a couple of friends who are texas ex's the thought is yurich prefers a more polished passer and less of an athlete to run his offense.

if that is the case we may see texas shift the load of the run game off the quarterback position. following that line of thinking card is thought to be the next starting quarterback at texas which would leave thompson and jackson fighting for the back up spot as well as there was some speculation texas might want to try to move jackson to another position.

if he wants to come to tcu come on, but i still suspect the relationship with samples will win out unless there were promises made to stone.

Hudson Card and Preston Stone..........they certainly have the uppity post-millennial name thing down, right out of central casting.

CryptoMiner

Texas went full on for Stone and lost to SMU. The only visits he took were UT and SMU and UT thought he was there's until he wasn't.

Eight

Texas went full on for Stone and lost to SMU. The only visits he took were UT and SMU and UT thought he was there's until he wasn't.

texas has struck out on a number of quarterbacks lately and the running joke among my friends is that unless there is some childhood photo of you wearing a longhorn jersey you aren't "destined" to play quarterback in austin

the add-on joke is tragically there are no such photos of the brockermeyer brothers

OmniscienceFrog

nolan cromwell, billy kilmer, john hadl, bobby douglas ...maybe rodney peete.....
Somehow I think Bobby Douglass would be moved to tight end in this day and age. Had trouble completing a 10 yard pass to an uncovered receiver and isn't tight end where every 6'4" 225 lb quarterback that can't hit the broad side of a barn is moved to nowadays?

In a 10-year career the dude's TD to interception ratio was 36/64.

Last edited:

Eight

Somehow I think Bobby Douglass would be moved to tight end in this day and age. Had trouble completing a 10 yard pass to an uncovered receiver and isn't tight end where every 6'4" 225 lb quarterback that can't hit the broad side of a barn moved to nowadays?

In a 10-year career the dude's TD to interception ratio was 36/64.

places him among one of the all time great bear quarterbacks