• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

Punter1

OSU falls to Baylor
Tech falls to OU

TCU is guaranteed a share of the regular season title and the 1 OR 2 seed

If OU beats Tech twice: OU gets a share and the 1 seed. TCU gets the 2 seed.

If Tech beats OU twice: Tech gets a share and the 2 seed. TCU gets the 1 seed.

If Tech and OU split the last two: TCU is the outright champ and gets the 1 seed

Scoreboard wise last night...including our game as well...went as good as it could.

OSU is outta contention now and the OU win guarantees us at least a share.

Pharm Frog

Scoreboard wise last night...including our game as well...went as good as it could.

OSU is outta contention now and the OU win guarantees us at least a share.
With the exception of last Sunday’s OU win over WVU….every game result has accrued to the Frogs’ advantage. Now we need a Tech W today and a Sooner W on Saturday and the improbable run would be complete

Pharm Frog

Going to be interesting in rankings vs RPI and how seeding ends up.
Correct.....

Interesting tidbit. Here's a list of conferences who's current regular season leader has a better RPI than the Big 12 leader (Frogs)

SEC, ACC, Pac12, Conference USA, Sunbelt, American Athletic, Big 10, West Coast, Southern, Big West

And, if the Frogs happen to drop a game (or two) to Santa Clara, we could very well see a Big12 champ with an RPI up in the mid-40's. Barely Q1. FWIW -- W today and get 5 points. Lose and drop 50 (which could drop us to early 40's depending on results of other games). One thing is for sure....we aren't moving up without help until we get to Globe Life (and that will mean at least Game 2 because G1 ain't gonna help much if at all).

rpi.jpg

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship Schedule
Wednesday, May 25

Game 1 – 9 a.m. – No. 4 Oklahoma State vs. No. 5 Texas - ESPNU
Game 2 – 12:30 p.m. – No. 1 TCU vs. No. 8 Baylor - Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 3 – 4 p.m. – No. 2 Texas Tech vs. No. 7 Kansas State - Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 4 – 7:30 p.m. – No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 6 West Virginia - Big 12 Now on ESPN+

froginmn

I haven't paid much attention to the rotation; what does it look like for the tournament?

Given the Saturday start for RC, is it Perez, Cornelio, Brown, bullpen mix? Not sure where Walker plays in, and Krob doesn't seem ready to start unless I'm missing something.

Pharm Frog

I haven't paid much attention to the rotation; what does it look like for the tournament?

Given the Saturday start for RC, is it Perez, Cornelio, Brown, bullpen mix? Not sure where Walker plays in, and Krob doesn't seem ready to start unless I'm missing something.
No idea but that’s as good a guess as it gets I suppose.