• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

Punter1

View attachment 11446Latest D1 post-season projections

DBU is not a 3 seed...no darning way. Their RPI is in the teens I believe.
Since I live in Buda...would actually love a regional where we are a 2 seed in San Marcos (if we go 2 and BBQ this week) and UTSA is a 3 seed. Would take the pressure off us immensely.

Only downside of that is it sets up a much harder super regional.

PurpleBlood87

Can someone explain players who were sophomores and juniors being honored on Senior day?
Were they just being honored because they have or will graduate before next season starts or might be draft eligible.
Just asking because some of those honored could play major roles next season since I think they still have eligibility.
I'm sure that extra Covid year comes into play somehow.

Pharm Frog

DBU is not a 3 seed...no darning way. Their RPI is in the teens I believe.
Since I live in Buda...would actually love a regional where we are a 2 seed in San Marcos (if we go 2 and BBQ this week) and UTSA is a 3 seed. Would take the pressure off us immensely.

Only downside of that is it sets up a much harder super regional.
I don’t think the committee cares a lick about 2 or 3 seeds. Doesn’t matter nearly as much as the regionalization component. But I agree. DBU is closer to a host than a 3

TXTXFrog

Can someone explain players who were sophomores and juniors being honored on Senior day?
Were they just being honored because they have or will graduate before next season starts or might be draft eligible.
Just asking because some of those honored could play major roles next season since I think they still have eligibility.
I'm sure that extra Covid year comes into play somehow.
Because they graduated. Some could come back as grad students but I’m not sure they are.

Punter1

I don’t think the committee cares a lick about 2 or 3 seeds. Doesn’t matter nearly as much as the regionalization component. But I agree. DBU is closer to a host than a 3

Yea...that makes sense. Kinda surprising, but happy that Tech and their so called #8 Top 25 ranking isn't hosting.

The regionalization component is beyond stupid...and unfair.