• The KillerFrogs

2020 TCU NFL Draft Picks

LeagueCityFrog

From what I've seen so far this season, I see two NFL Draft picks who are seniors. Darius Anderson and Lucas Niang who is playing hurt. Sewo and Innis Gaines are maybes. Gaines and Gladney even more seemed to regress so far this season. Where is the Gaines from the Ohio State game last year? He was in beast mode!

Besides those departing seniors, does anyone really think Ross Blacklock would leave early for the NFL Draft now? Reagor? If you are not projected in the first two rounds as a junior, there is now way I would leave. See undrafted former Frog safety Chris Hackett for those details. I could see a more likely scenario that if Gary doesn't make needed changes in the off season, maybe both Blacklock and Reagor leave as grad transfers like Jalen Hurts did if they have enough classes completed to graduate.

We should be an older team next year because Gary spent 2019 "growing them up." OU and OSU also has to come to the completely finished Carter in 2020 as well and we have that Ohio State stud quarterback transfer in the mix.

I'm still shocked how clueless I was like many on here that had TCU winning 11 games this season. I bought the hype on the defense coming out of Fall camp. Technically, they still can win 12. Go Frogs!

MTfrog5

I’d love if Reagor comes back but I don’t see it. He liked something this morning on Twitter talking about how the offense is hurting his stats but still has too abilities.

I really don’t understand the complaints about Blacklock. Dude has been really good and causing havoc against double teams but unfortunately teams are just going to run off tackle all day because they know it will be successful

jake102

Niang - 1st. I think he’s still 1st material
Blacklock - 2-3. Stock has dropped some
Reagor - 3-4. Stock has dropped
Anderson - 4-5. Can’t pass block
Bethley - 6-7. Not a great season

Gladney - UDFA. Awful senior season... had him 2-4 preseason
Gaines - UDFA. See Gladney.
Sewo - UDFA. Same story

MTfrog5

Niang - 1st. I think he’s still 1st material
Blacklock - 2-3. Stock has dropped some
Reagor - 3-4. Stock has dropped
Anderson - 4-5. Can’t pass block
Bethley - 6-7. Not a great season

Gladney - UDFA. Awful senior season... had him 2-4 preseason
Gaines - UDFA. See Gladney.
Sewo - UDFA. Same story
Think Gladney speed will at least get him a late round pick

GenXFrog

Not sure what's up with Sewo and I don't want to go back and watch the games again... But my feeling is that so far this season his yards after contact are near zero..., that he's not running as hard as he did at the end of the season last year.

TRF51

Not sure what's up with Sewo and I don't want to go back and watch the games again... But my feeling is that so far this season his yards after contact are near zero..., that he's not running as hard as he did at the end of the season last year.

He looks SLOW, every one saying he runs a 4.4, bet he will run 4.65-4.8. He takes to long to get moving at top speed.

CountryFrog

So you haven't watched any games

NewFrogFan

From what I've seen so far this season, I see two NFL Draft picks who are seniors. Darius Anderson and Lucas Niang who is playing hurt. Sewo and Innis Gaines are maybes. Gaines and Gladney even more seemed to regress so far this season. Where is the Gaines from the Ohio State game last year? He was in beast mode!

Besides those departing seniors, does anyone really think Ross Blacklock would leave early for the NFL Draft now? Reagor? If you are not projected in the first two rounds as a junior, there is now way I would leave. See undrafted former Frog safety Chris Hackett for those details. I could see a more likely scenario that if Gary doesn't make needed changes in the off season, maybe both Blacklock and Reagor leave as grad transfers like Jalen Hurts did if they have enough classes completed to graduate.

We should be an older team next year because Gary spent 2019 "growing them up." OU and OSU also has to come to the completely finished Carter in 2020 as well and we have that Ohio State stud quarterback transfer in the mix.

I'm still shocked how clueless I was like many on here that had TCU winning 11 games this season. I bought the hype on the defense coming out of Fall camp. Technically, they still can win 12. Go Frogs!

What I dont understand are some of the rave reviews on some players b4 season that are absolutely not showing up. Cumbie drives me nuts with his play calling, as I said b4 there are several teams that are rewriting offensive records, they ALL look very similar in play calls which look nothing like TCU. Not sure what the rift w Meacham is but at a minimum, they both produced results coaching together that are certainly not present now. Hiring him even in an advisory roll would seem like an option. I would imagine the finger pointing is going on now and cant get much worse with him in the room.

TX_Krötenechse

We will absolutely not be an older team next season. More than half our starters are seniors.

i also don’t know why anyone would think that Blacklock would transfer. Maaaaaaybe Reagor but I doubt that he would transfer either.

tetonfrog

The only high draft pick on our team is Niang. DA, JR and RB are all Day 3 picks. They have shown flashes of being great, but no consistency.

All three of them could improve their draft stock the second half of the season. DA has to show he can stay healthy and continue to produce. If he can't, then he is a third-down RB in the pros. JR has to play better period. Look at the KU game. If he fumbles a punt in the NFL, then he will not be able to pick it up and run to the end zone. RB will continue to shake off the rust as he deals with double team after double team, but he needs to improve his pas rush to move up into the top two rounds.

Let's hope all of them lead a TCU turnaround that will help us win some games and improve their draft stock.

Froggish

If Sewo gets drafted it will because he’s a combine freak..He made a bad choice insisting he could be an NFL running back