• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

At one point we thought we had a decent chance at this kid.

herb hand has done a very good job in identifying talent and recruiting talent to texas in the offensive line.

add in the job jason washingont, derek chang, bryan carrington, bob shipley, and ra'shaad samples has done and texas has got the machine in place for texas.

big key is if they can continue to win, because the infrastructure is in place for recruiting.

MTfrog5

herb hand has done a very good job in identifying talent and recruiting talent to texas in the offensive line.

add in the job jason washingont, derek chang, bryan carrington, bob shipley, and ra'shaad samples has done and texas has got the machine in place for texas.

big key is if they can continue to win, because the infrastructure is in place for recruiting.
Samples is gone. Carrington wont stay forever unless they are willing to give him a position to coach without any type of coaching experience

Eight

Samples is gone. Carrington wont stay forever unless they are willing to give him a position to coach without any type of coaching experience

samples took a job at smu on the 19th which is a move many on this board most likely never noticed, but is a great move by dykes and one worth watching.

ra'shaad might be gone, but he was primarily responsible for texas getting pledges from anderson, dorbah, crawford, and hullaby as well as being ahead for the other kids from duncanville.

carrington is interesting as texas was his dream school and i think he is exactly in the position he can make the biggest impact for the program. not sure he wants to be a coach, but touch as many inner city kids he can and show them there is a way through education to change their lives.

that might sound like something from a sociology class, but talking to people i know who are high school coaches and have met carrington they say the guys is real and can relate to high school kids like very few they have seen before. question will be can someone make a money offer he can't refuse and i don't think mensa lets him walk away.

i think they have a very, very tight team on the recruiting front and when you add what carrington and chang bring with bob shipley's connections it is a very tough combination.

Eight

Recruiting has never been a problem at Texas.

getting players on campus, no

effectively recruiting the inner city and certain communities around the state. yes

texas has done more damage in inner houston than i can recall, they are doing better in dallas than in several years, and they have been very effective going west.

tcu can't recruit in the same manner as texas, but i do wish tcu did do some of the things that texas has done in recruiting.

CryptoMiner

Believe This is a top 3 for show only...Unfortunately he’s been close to a UCLA lock for a while.

We need to lock down a tackle soon who can at least compete for a starting spot right away. This seems like a prime spot for a Grad Transfer as a bridge to one of the current Freshman

He picked Auburn though.

Froggish

e-mail, maybe if we were recruiting middle aged athletes.

frogs might benefit from some new ideas and new blood when it comes to recruiting support staff.

So your saying email blasts won’t work? :) In all seriousness chasing 4 and 5 stars is like chasing ghosts. It’ll take winning big and some very creative branding to crack that code..

Eight

So your saying email blasts won’t work? :) In all seriousness chasing 4 and 5 stars is like chasing ghosts. It’ll take winning big and some very creative branding to crack that code..

talking with some friends who are high school coaches the frogs have got some guys on their coaching staff that are really liked and i think they do a good job of establishing relationships.

the impression i have been given is that the coaches could use some "back office" support in the branding and marketing.

Froggish

talking with some friends who are high school coaches the frogs have got some guys on their coaching staff that are really liked and i think they do a good job of establishing relationships.

the impression i have been given is that the coaches could use some "back office" support in the branding and marketing.

Based on the hype and edit jobs that other universities are employing I’d say your right. As for our coaching staff, I think they are excellent in front of kids but their evaluation process is far to slow. TCU will rarely win 4/5 star recruiting battles being the 20th team to offer a kid. We get on the top recruits way to late in the process. I’m sure it’s somewhat related to not wanting to waste bandwidth on long shots but why not swing for the fence more often

Eight

Based on the hype and edit jobs that other universities are employing I’d say your right. As for our coaching staff, I think they are excellent in front of kids but their evaluation process is far to slow. TCU will rarely win 4/5 star recruiting battles being the 20th team to offer a kid. We get on the top recruits way to late in the process. I’m sure it’s somewhat related to not wanting to waste bandwidth on long shots but why not swing for the fence more often

just look at the resumes of the two most important internal people involved with recruiting and compare the staff tcu employs with other schools and we are not talking big dollar jobs.

texas paid carrington less than $40,000 a year when he left uh to move to austin, but he was viewed to be so important texas made him a coach for a month so he could get in front of recruits face to face when the ncaa added the 10th coaching position.