• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Purp

Not until January. Don’t ask why because I don’t really understand it
The current class has reach the limit so even if they wanted a guy there are no scholarships available under the single class limit. Every one of them is already on campus save one. If Dylan Jordan were to actually not make it in this may change, but once his status is certain it may be too late to find one worth adding. Recent reports make it sound like he has a better chance than not of getting here.

If a kid comes over in January he can count toward the next year's (2020) scholly limit so rather than counting against our current 25 (I think that's the number) for the 2019 class he'd be the first for 2020. Since that's expected to be a smaller class I doubt there will be much concern with bringing in kids in January as we're less likely to get up against the limit.

MTfrog5

The current class has reach the limit so even if they wanted a guy there are no scholarships available under the single class limit. Every one of them is already on campus save one. If Dylan Jordan were to actually not make it in this may change, but once his status is certain it may be too late to find one worth adding. Recent reports make it sound like he has a better chance than not of getting here.

If a kid comes over in January he can count toward the next year's (2020) scholly limit so rather than counting against our current 25 (I think that's the number) for the 2019 class he'd be the first for 2020. Since that's expected to be a smaller class I doubt there will be much concern with bringing in kids in January as we're less likely to get up against the limit.
Yeah we can’t add anyone this summer with his scholarship which is the part I don’t understand fully. 2020 does have an extra spot though which isn’t confusing

CryptoMiner

No when Meeking left that put them at 84 assuming Jordan gets in (obviously 83 if he doesn't).

The 84 (let me know if I missed anyone):

Jalen Reagor

Mikel Barkley

Emari Demercado

Taye Barber

Keenan Reed

Darius Anderson

Innis Gaines

John Stephens Jr.

Tevailance Hunt

Atanza Vongor

Mike Collins

Dylan Thomas

Montrel Wilson

Derius Davis

Jeff Gladney

Justin Rogers

DeMauryon Holmes

Max Duggan

Hidari Ceasar

Alex Delton

Trevon Moehrig

Ben Wilson

Donavann Collins

La'Kendrick Van Zandt

Noah Daniels

Michael Onyemaobi

Julius Lewis

Vernon Scott

Ar'Darius Washington

Nook Bradford

Garret Wallow

Jordy Sandy

Ochaun Mathis

Sewo Olonilua

Parker Workman

Brandon Bowen

Izaih Filikitonga

Jonathan Song

Jacoby Simpson

Carter Ware

Quazzel White

John Lanz

Kellton Hollins

Austin Myers

David Bolisomi

Ian Burnette

Anthony McKinney

Coy McMillon

Cordel Iwuagwu

Marcus Williams

Kris Dike

Brannon Brown

Lucas Niang

Wes Harris

Esteban Avila

Al'Dontre Davis

Pro Wells

Christian Williams

TreVontae Hights

Artayvious Lynn

Ross Blacklock

Shameik Blackshear

George Ellis III

Corey Bethley

Terrell Cooper

Adam Plant, Jr.

Soni Misi

Thomas Armstrong

Darwin Barlow

Earl Barquet

Andrew Coker

Blair Conwright

Colt Ellison

Daimarqua Foster

Josh Foster

Wyatt Harris

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson

Karter Johnson

Dylan Jordan

Zach Marcheselli

Deshawn McCuin

Kee'yon Stewart

Tony Wallace

Dee Winters

Purp

No when Meeking left that put them at 84 assuming Jordan gets in (obviously 83 if he doesn't).
Correct, but even though there is an extra scholly available under the team limit there is not one under the recruiting class limit (can't remember the number but 25 stands out). So even if 12 more guys transfer out and leave us with 72 scholarship football players, we won't be able to add anybody in the 2019 class unless someone from the 2019 class leaves or doesn't make it in. That's why Jordan's status is the only thing that could affect our ability to add a guy to the 2019 class.

If this is wrong then I'm totally misunderstanding what JC reported a while back.

Purp

Means one thing and one thing only......... Omar’s back!! Amirite?
I think we already had a spot open for him if he could get his situation taken care of. As Crypto noted we were down to 84 when Meeking left. And since he already counts against the 2018 class he would not have to count again against the 2019 class.

Way to go NCAA. They're great at making dumb rules with tons of loopholes.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Correct, but even though there is an extra scholly available under the team limit there is not one under the recruiting class limit (can't remember the number but 25 stands out). So even if 12 more guys transfer out and leave us with 72 scholarship football players, we won't be able to add anybody in the 2019 class unless someone from the 2019 class leaves or doesn't make it in. That's why Jordan's status is the only thing that could affect our ability to add a guy to the 2019 class.

If this is wrong then I'm totally misunderstanding what JC reported a while back.
That is how I understand it as well.

CryptoMiner

No the year end roster only had 80 scholarship players which meant we could move at least 3 early enrollees back against prior year and we only need to move 2. 25 is the normal limit for first year scholarship players but you can sign up to 28 if you have openings to carry back (which we did). Robinson and Turpin were enough to open room plus the injuries.

(the two needed is because we enrolled 25 and waiting on Jordan)

Purp

No the year end roster only had 80 scholarship players which meant we could move at least 3 early enrollees back against prior year and we only need to move 2. 25 is the normal limit for first year scholarship players but you can sign up to 28 if you have openings to carry back (which we did). Robinson and Turpin were enough to open room plus the injuries.

(the two needed is because we enrolled 25 and waiting on Jordan)
That sounds right. So including Jordan we'd have maxed out at 28 including ones carried back to the prior year bc they showed up in spring. Which means that Van Wagoner leaving doesn't mean we can add another player to 2019. Sounds like we agree instead of disagree.

CryptoMiner

That sounds right. So including Jordan we'd have maxed out at 28 including ones carried back to the prior year bc they showed up in spring. Which means that Van Wagoner leaving doesn't mean we can add another player to 2019. Sounds like we agree instead of disagree.

No with Jordan we have 26 but only 24 count against 2019 because we had room to carry back 2 (actually 3).

CryptoMiner

That's different than what JC reported and I take it to be true as it's apparently the reason Abercrumbia didn't come to Fort Dub.

Abercrumbia would have nothing to do with the 25 initial scholly limit since he was a transfer, just the 85 limit. Meeking leaving late opens up the spot after he already decided.

There were no openings assuming Jordan gets in until Meeking left, but now we can add one including an initial scholarship guy (true freshman or JUCO).

netty2424

I think we already had a spot open for him if he could get his situation taken care of. As Crypto noted we were down to 84 when Meeking left. And since he already counts against the 2018 class he would not have to count again against the 2019 class.

Way to go NCAA. They're great at making dumb rules with tons of loopholes.
I was making a funny. Kind of mike freeze-ish kind of funny. I don’t expect OM to ever suit up here.