• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Hell Sent Frog

Barron committed to Baylor. Did we just move on? Seems weird to leave TCU and jump on the Rape Boat.

It also seems weird to pass up a chance to play for Gary Patterson and then take your chances with Mark Ruhle who has been very open about his seeking an opportunity to leave Baylor and be a NFL head coach somewhere.

MTfrog5

Blow to DT recruiting as Kenean Caldwell goes to KU.
I’d imagine Miles still has a pretty good relationship with coaches from Louisiana. Would be a bigger loss if this was a position of need. Still a long day to signing day. With how many committed this weekend for KU, I bet they will have some of those leave when they visit other schools.

Hell Sent Frog

This cycle seems like a grind..Not sure what’s going on but I hope we can get our momentum back

June 24th to July 24th is a dead period in Bowl Division football recruiting.
And yes, it seems like TCU's 2020 recruiting class has very little momentum going right now as it heads into this month long time of minimal activity.

Our coaching staff appears to have been quite busy with it's camps lately.

With Patterson still the Horned Frog's head coach, and after a winning season where we beat Cal in our bowl game, I don't think Frog fans have to worry too much about early momentum in recruiting. Summer just started and we do have eight recruits who are all highly ranked based on our previous recruiting classes.

With our football program's current standing and recent years of success it is in a position to strike rather fast in recruiting.

In August fall practice starts though, and then the regular season, much more going on then.

Last edited:

PO Frog

June 24th to July 24th is a dead period in Bowl Division football recruiting.
And yes, it seems like TCU's 2020 recruiting class has very little momentum going right now as it heads into this month long time of minimal activity.

Our coaching staff appears to have been quite busy with it's camps lately.

With Patterson still the Horned Frog's head coach, and after a winning season where we beat Cal in our bowl game, I don't think Frog fans have to worry too much about early momentum in recruiting. Summer just started and we do have eight recruits who are all highly ranked based on our previous recruiting classes.

With our football program's current standing and recent years of success it is in a position to strike rather fast in recruiting.

In August fall practice starts though, and then the regular season, much more going on then.
Did you just site beating a mediocre Cal in a mediocre bowl as proof positive of the momentum we have going into early recruiting season? Just wanted to make sure that's what I read.

netty2424

Did you just site beating a mediocre Cal in a mediocre bowl as proof positive of the momentum we have going into early recruiting season? Just wanted to make sure that's what I read.
17-18 year old kids don’t remember one second of that game, but it’s positioned as another bowl win on recruiting trips.

Froggish

I think we’ll be fine but the early signing period has quickly moved to being a key indicator of what recruits think about you..A healthy program should have its top targets locked up early and right now we are getting passed on by some of the guys we really wanted. For the most part, we have a solid class of commits so I thrilled about that. If we are filling a significant % of our class after the early period then It’s safe to say recruits aren’t thinking of the program in the same light as us

Latest posts