• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

Zubaz

Honestly, as a Mets fan seeing us as what, the third or fourth team that's had an outbreak leading to games being canceled? I would have definitely put money on us being the first.

FlatIdealisticBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that it might be time for the Chris Woodward experiment to come to an end. At the beginning of the year I think I predicted 86 wins. Once Covid happened all bets were off and I really had no expectations. We knew the hitting would be suspect at best. On paper, the pitching would be much improved but injuries and underperformance proved me wrong. But my biggest concern is simple things like hitting a cutoff man and heads up baserunning. I can think of 5 times in 25 games where not hitting the cutoff man let to runners advancing. Just last night with 2 outs CF airmails it home and the batter ends up on 2nd. Next batter singles him home. Next batter struck out. You don't have to hit the cutoff man but when you throw it 20 feet over his head the runner is going to take an extra base every time. This is some really sloppy baseball we're watching.

Moose Stuff

I'm not complaining as much as just making a general observation but the Rangers have decided it's a good idea to put ONLY black people in the visible cutouts behind home plate. I feel like we're trying TOO hard.

I'm not complaining as much as just making a general observation but the Rangers have decided it's a good idea to put ONLY black people in the visible cutouts behind home plate. I feel like we're trying TOO hard.

I applaud the effort. First time all year the words "Rangers, try and hard" are used in the same sentence.

These owners...woof.

ShreveFrog

RIP Tom Terrific. 2020 sucks

Had his poster as a kid. Got a nice signature on a ball from him that year he was with the White Sox and they came in to play the Rangers. Former Ranger Don Werner caught his no-hitter for the Reds.

Other story about Werner. His wife took some classes at UTA. She saw me in my smooth Rangers jacket with my name sewn on, like the players. Asked if I worked for the Rangers. Yep, grounds crew. She says with a beaming smile, "So does my husband! He's a catcher!" Had no idea who she was at the time. Don was a good guy. And... married well.

Eight

Maybe they can actually build a statue for him now, instead of having their entire park be an ode to the Dodgers.

just seeking clarification here, but you want the dodgers to build a statue to honor tom seaver exactly why?

he is from fresno, did play at usc, but again why the dodgers?

Zubaz

just seeking clarification here, but you want the dodgers to build a statue to honor tom seaver exactly why?

he is from fresno, did play at usc, but again why the dodgers?
No, I want the Mets to build a statue for him, rather than having their stadium built as a tribute to Ebbets Field (where the Mets never played) featuring a giant rotunda named after and statue for Jackie Robinson (who is a hero, but never played a game in a Mets uniform).

I understand the whole "NL Basbeball" connection, but I'm a fan of the Mets not the Dodgers. I think the stadium should at least have some statues of Mets icons before they start honoring Dodger players.

Eight

No, I want the Mets to build a statue for him, rather than having their stadium built as a tribute to Ebbets Field (where the Mets never played) featuring a giant rotunda named after and statue for Jackie Robinson (who is a hero, but never played a game in a Mets uniform).

I understand the whole "NL Basbeball" connection, but I'm a fan of the Mets not the Dodgers. I think the stadium should at least have some statues of Mets icons before they start honoring Dodger players.

yes, but they didn't just honor a dodger player with the statue of robinson and that was done for obvious reasons

no different than having his number retired by every club