• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

PurpleBlood87

just sent a message to chat on the BTN Plus.

is there chance of telling the announcer for the TCU-Minnesota game how to read a batting average? It's not point three seven five it's three seventy-five. He is actually reading the point in .375.

PurpleBlood87

Sounds like Les Nessman

• Bailey Quarters : [walking into the bullpen with Jennifer to find Les rummaging carelessly through the papers on her desk without asking] Hey buster, what the heck is going on here?

Les Nessman : My sports update is missing.

Bailey Quarters : [ultimately taking the sports update from the corner of her desk and placing it deliberately in front of Les] You don't tear around with *my* desk. It's right here. I thought maybe you wanted me to proofread it for you.

Les Nessman : No one has to proofread my copy!

Jennifer Marlowe : Now, come on you two. Let's all be friends.

Les Nessman : [looking up at Jennifer after reading the copy] She's changed this, Jennifer.

Bailey Quarters : [dismissively] Oh, just a little.

Les Nessman : No, you changed the meaning completely.

Bailey Quarters : [pointing at the copy] It just does not make any sense. It is a "swimming meet", not a "swim meeting". Right, Jennifer?

Jennifer Marlowe : [stumbling over her words in trying to be diplomatic] Uh, I think it probably could go both ways.

Bailey Quarters : [pointing at the copy] And reporting that "the swimmers swam in water" is a bit unnecessary.

Jennifer Marlowe : I don't know...

Bailey Quarters : [pointing back at the copy] And it is the breast stroke, Les, not breast stroking!

Jennifer Marlowe : [nodding positively to Les] That does sound wrong.

Opintel

Moderators
The announcer just fell off a sled in the parking lot...he was injured and unable to escape the BTN talent crew. They pulled a ski pole on him and forced him into the announcer's booth.

Unfortunately, the color person escaped. Or, was it unfortunate?

Could it be Satan?:eek:

Latest posts