• The KillerFrogs

2020 “Other” Bowl Games

Eight

I understood it to be our decision. That the Big 12 was guidance but each school could choose. I even think the language was posted in one of these threads.

i posted it and the team did indeed have ability to play regardless of the number being below the threshold, unless of course you wanted to use the guideline as a reason to play

Eight

someone please tell dan orlosky to shut the scheiss up.

how a guy who ran out of the back of an endzone avoiding a rush resulting in a safety is doing analysis for espn says so much about that network

Pharm Frog

i posted it and the team did indeed have ability to play regardless of the number being below the threshold, unless of course you wanted to use the guideline as a reason to play

Yep. Found it...

"Each College Football Playoff participant will use the COVID-19 testing protocols created by its own conference as opposed to a uniform testing standard, sources tell CBS Sports. "

"Roster minimums required to play a game could be another sticking point. The SEC, Big 12 and Pac-12 require 53 scholarship players to play. That list must include seven offensive linemen, four interior defensive linemen and one quarterback. Teams can still decide to play on their own if they fall below that 53-player threshold."

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
GP turned chicken [ Finebaum ] when he found out he wasn't going to have Washington, Moehrig and Wallow. Worried his defense was going to look like [ Finebaum ] against a 3 win team.

Wexahu

Yep. Found it...

"Each College Football Playoff participant will use the COVID-19 testing protocols created by its own conference as opposed to a uniform testing standard, sources tell CBS Sports. "

"Roster minimums required to play a game could be another sticking point. The SEC, Big 12 and Pac-12 require 53 scholarship players to play. That list must include seven offensive linemen, four interior defensive linemen and one quarterback. Teams can still decide to play on their own if they fall below that 53-player threshold."

I know it’s not apples to apples exactly, but kinda weird that NFL teams never have more than 46 players on game day. 53 would seem like plenty to play one game.

Eight

I know it’s not apples to apples exactly, but kinda weird that NFL teams never have more than 46 players on game day. 53 would seem like plenty to play one game.

everyone knows the nfl game isn't nearly as physically taxing as a college game

Wexahu

I think that was our two safeties opting out of the game to prepare for the draft

I believe Georgia’s two starting CBs opted out. I know one did, the other might have been because of injury but not 100% sure, but he didn’t play. Somehow they were able to play a game.