• The KillerFrogs

2020 “Other” Bowl Games

Pharm Frog

App State v University of North Texas currently on ESPN from the teal turf in Myrtle Beach. Aune not playing for the Green because of COVID precautions.

University of North Texas is so spare on so many levels. They need an image consultant to overhaul their program.

1) The name. I know it's an homage to Joe Green but there's nothing mean about the program nor is there anything mean about their particular color of green. Go back to Eagles, Screaming Eagles or hell, even Armadillos.

2) Color. They just can't quite get the right shade of green. It's a bad sports color anyway. Maybe add some yellow and do your best to do what Oregon does.

3) The helmet logo. Looks spare. Tries too hard to be a throwback. They have no tradition...stop playing house.

Pharm Frog

University of North Texas is so spare on so many levels. They need an image consultant to overhaul their program.

1) The name. I know it's an homage to Joe Green but there's nothing mean about the program nor is there anything mean about their particular color of green. Go back to Eagles, Screaming Eagles or hell, even Armadillos.

2) Color. They just can't quite get the right shade of green. It's a bad sports color anyway. Maybe add some yellow and do your best to do what Oregon does.

3) The helmet logo. Looks spare. Tries too hard to be a throwback. They have no tradition...stop playing house.

Worst helmet I’ve seen in decades. That version of green is disgusting but I disagree that green in general is a bad sports color. Mascot should be the Commuters.

Worst helmet I’ve seen in decades. That version of green is disgusting but I disagree that green in general is a bad sports color. Mascot should be the Commuters.

Unless Broadway Joe is behind center and doing pantyhose commercials they need to ditch that color.

University of North Texas has gone a long way in changing their perception as a commuter school. When I was there a great deal of students lived in Lewisville but most now reside in Denton.

Eight

Unless Broadway Joe is behind center and doing pantyhose commercials they need to ditch that color.

University of North Texas has gone a long way in changing their perception as a commuter school. When I was there a great deal of students lived in Lewisville but most now reside in Denton.

the simple solution is keep the green color, change the mascot to ecowarriors, and then put this fearsome face on the helmet

thunberg_RM_thumb_9-27-2019-20190927042846996.jpg

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

OK, I officially despise you for bringing this game to my attention. If I want to just watch a bunch of officials officiate, I'll sneak into an officiating school.

28-7 App State and I’ll send you the “I Officially Despise PharmFrog” certificate. Please return your “I Unofficially Despise PharmFrog” certificate and I’ll prorate your upgrade.

Pharm Frog

Sheesh....University of North Texas has no defense whatsoever. App up 35-14 at the half. On pace to give up about 70 and 700 yards and are winning the TOP by 4 minutes.

Diehard

Thanks for the info....What does "spare"
mean. New term?

Pharm Frog

Thanks for the info....What does "spare"
mean. New term?

From the Latin “sparagamus” meaning “lame”, “simple”, “plain”, and “unsatisfying”. Can also refer to being suboptimal as in “tried for a strike but will have to settle for a spare”. Alternative meaning: “ribs from the lower portion of a pig”.

Latest posts