• The KillerFrogs

2019 TCU Tennis Thread

Longfrog

That's 3 b12 teams into the final 8. At least one will get through to the semis as we will play UT on Thursday in Orlando. Tall task... they're quite legit this year, and our last matchup went very poorly. I'll try to do a preview next week.

Pharm Frog

Does anyone have any idea why the Gray match was delayed so long when it was 15-15 in the deciding game? I was streaming Jong's match at the time and was too superstitious to change courts on the feed. But it seemed like it stayed 15-15 for 10 minutes.

Longfrog

There's a pretty nice preview of today's match on collegetennistoday.com. They're predicting a 4-2 win for UT, which is hard to argue with. As the writer says, the 2/3/4 spots in the lineup are going to be problems for us. It's hard to imagine us pulling the upset if we don't win the doubles point. The only thing I'd add to his analysis is that UT also has a big advantage in experience. Their top two are juniors, and everyone else are seniors. In our first match with them six weeks ago, we lost all six singles points. Four of those went three sets, but maybe that's where experience wins out.

Slam Tennis gives us a 22% chance of winning. They had us as underdogs last weekend vs Miss State too.

Match starts at 1 central. Live stats and video are here.