• The KillerFrogs

2019 TCU Tennis Thread

Longfrog

I will take the glass half full view of this one. Not only were we a point or two away from beating a really quality opponent, but the spots where we lost were encouraging, if you can say that. Rybakov isn't a totally sure thing at #1, but I will take my chances with him any day of the week. And I realize I'm making excuses for him here, but playing indoors does not play to his strengths. And as frustrating as it is to struggle yet again in doubles and #6 singles to start the year, those are two areas where we seem to improve as the year wears on. Look at the improvement in Kruger's results from this time last year. We have our second-best freshman playing there now, and he lost to one of the top American recruits from this year. Not all that surprising. All things considered, the start of this season has raised my hopes, and I think we have a legit shot to win the Big 12 again.

JogginFrog

The live scoring showing Stalder v Rakic in matches 1 and 3. Something is amiss there.

Edit: The scores differ, so the scores may be correct for both courts with the names wrong for Singles 1.

Edit 2: Now fixed: Rybakov v Borges in Singles 1.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between playing indoors and outdoors. I know I’ve seen posters say that we are a lot better outdoors than indoors

JogginFrog

Frogs win the first set in all 6 singles matches! Rybakov and Fomba both came back from a break down. Rybakov was up 5-0 in the tie-break; Borges staved off 5 set points in a row before Rybakov prevailed.

MTfrog5

Might have jixed our 6th player. Won the first set 6-1 and was up 5-1 in the 2nd. It's now 5-4

Edit: Just won 6-4 for our 2nd point after Stalder won

jake102

Things can change in a hurry, but right now this is a straight up a** kicking of the #3 team in the country

Getting a win on #6 in that fashion is shocking. If we get that kind of production out of #6 and #3, we are going to be reallly good.

Extremely impressive the progress Stalder has made in singles during his time at TCU.

Longfrog

The freshmen at 5 & 6 need to work on their doubles games (which is usually the case for freshmen). But a couple of huge wins today in singles. Very encouraging.

Last edited: