• The KillerFrogs

2019 schedule

Volare

Point remains that the bye week timing in our 2019 schedule is incredibly stupid, but given some of our previous schedules not surprising.

Frog Island

That’s a brutal last month of the season. However, with hiw young the team will be next year, I don’t mind the “easier” start to the year. Got to grow them up right?

Wexahu

That’s a brutal last month of the season. However, with how young the team will be next year, I don’t mind the “easier” start to the year. Got to grow them up right?

This is a WAY overused excuse. All college teams are young because they are made up of 19-22 year olds. We're not going to be much younger than any other team we face would be my guess. Seems like we're "young" about 9 out of every 10 years.

The only positions where we'll be inexperienced is DE, one LB position, and possibly QB if SR isn't the starter. Heck, it'll probably be one of our older teams actually.

Bob Sugar

This is a WAY overused excuse. All college teams are young because they are made up of 19-22 year olds. We're not going to be much younger than any other team we face would be my guess. Seems like we're "young" about 9 out of every 10 years.

The only positions where we'll be inexperienced is DE, one LB position, and possibly QB if SR isn't the starter. Heck, it'll probably be one of our older teams actually.

Yeah, well TCU was screwed in 2014 based on manufactured metrics similar to this one, amirite?

Andherewego.gif

TooColdU

Just realized that next year’s schedule gives each Big XII two bye weeks.

The last two years, each Big XII school has only had one bye week.

2017-big-12-helmet-schedule.pdf

SnoSki

That’s a brutal last month of the season. However, with hiw young the team will be next year, I don’t mind the “easier” start to the year. Got to grow them up right?

If we are going to have a new qb or SR again, I’d rather have a slow ramp up to the year. I wasn’t a fan of playing a tough OOC game, then UT right after.

There’s a real chance we are 10-0 going into Norman next fall.

Eight

When, exactly, do you think they should release the schedule? How long after the schedule is finalized do you think they should wait? During basketball season? Baseball? July 4th? Help us out here.

not sure, but a week ago we just got the frogs schedule for the 12019 baseball season and we now have the 2019 football season. trying to think off the top of my head, but when was the official basketball schedule released?

if it is driven by the big 12 then we really don't have much choice, but if the basis is because the marketing geniuses at the big 12 decided in the middle of the season

this is conference who came up with the slogan "hardest path to the cfp" so i guess it does seem appropriate releasing the schedule for games to be played next year in the middle of an ongoing season

Wexahu

not sure, but a week ago we just got the frogs schedule for the 12019 baseball season and we now have the 2019 football season. trying to think off the top of my head, but when was the official basketball schedule released?

if it is driven by the big 12 then we really don't have much choice, but if the basis is because the marketing geniuses at the big 12 decided in the middle of the season

this is conference who came up with the slogan "hardest path to the cfp" so i guess it does seem appropriate releasing the schedule for games to be played next year in the middle of an ongoing season

I fail to see how it makes any difference either way. I’d like go ahead and see the 2020 schedule if they have it available. Why not?

Eight

I fail to see how it makes any difference either way. I’d like go ahead and see the 2020 schedule if they have it available. Why not?

from a marketing perspective i think it gets lost in the background noise of the current season.

second, someone feel free to correct me but haven't we seen in college football changes being made to the schedules in the off-season.

it isn't a regular thing, but it does happen and i don't see any of the networks trying to put things together for next year now.

granted, we have tentative schedules for in the future, but not like what was presented

GoFrog Yourself

Just realized that next year’s schedule gives each Big XII two bye weeks.

The last two years, each Big XII school has only had one bye week.

2017-big-12-helmet-schedule.pdf
Unless someone plays 13 regular season games next year, every school should have two bye weeks. It’s based on when thanksgiving and Labor Day fall. Thanksgiving is a week later next year

Wexahu

from a marketing perspective i think it gets lost in the background noise of the current season.

second, someone feel free to correct me but haven't we seen in college football changes being made to the schedules in the off-season.

it isn't a regular thing, but it does happen and i don't see any of the networks trying to put things together for next year now.

granted, we have tentative schedules for in the future, but not like what was presented

Given the travel commitments that are required for fans of college games (relative to NFL games for instance), I can see why they want to do as early as possible, marketing opportunities aside. Now, the waiting until a week before to announce the gametime completely goes against that, but that's a necessary concession to the TV gods.

Eight

Given the travel commitments that are required for fans of college games (relative to NFL games for instance), I can see why they want to do as early as possible, marketing opportunities aside. Now, the waiting until a week before to announce the gametime completely goes against that, but that's a necessary concession to the TV gods.

supporting your school is a discretionary purchase despite how the schools act some times. my experience has been that when you have buying customers involved in the buying process i don't want to bring in additional variables that don't impact that decision.

fans right now are invested in their teams for the 2018 season and a group of them are going to have to make an additional buying decision on this year's season. do i want to spend the money for a bowl trip and all that entails financially.

again, i might be over thinking this but ticket sales and attendence matters to the bowls and they partner with the conferences they believe will provide the best economic impact for their game. if i was the big 12 i would be beating the drum about bowl eligibility and holiday travel plans and release the schedules in january or february