• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Amen. Something tells me they aren't done being recruited and will be major targets of the usual suspects.

i really do believe as important as how the frogs' season plays out are the nfl fortunes of morris, noteboom, pryor, and schlottman.

big v not only earned a super bowl ring but started at o-tackle, no other big 12 team can match that and i don't think very many teams in country could feasibly say they possibly placed 5 offensive linemen in the nfl in the last 2 seasons.

frogs can't give them 100k seat stadium, but can give them a chance to compete for the big 12, possibly more, and if they do the work tcu has shown they can put o-linemen in the nfl

Wexahu

i really do believe as important as how the frogs' season plays out are the nfl fortunes of morris, noteboom, pryor, and schlottman.

big v not only earned a super bowl ring but started at o-tackle, no other big 12 team can match that and i don't think very many teams in country could feasibly say they possibly placed 5 offensive linemen in the nfl in the last 2 seasons.

frogs can't give them 100k seat stadium, but can give them a chance to compete for the big 12, possibly more, and if they do the work tcu has shown they can put o-linemen in the nfl

The "putting kids into the NFL" is an important recruiting tool but only because kids think it's important. If you're good the NFL will find you no matter where you play and the majority of kids that go the NFL come from major schools because major schools land the most elite talent, not because they do a better job of developing it.

Ed Oliver has been the only 5-star kid to not attend a P5 school in I don't know how many years. What kind of track record did UH have of putting D-lineman in the NFL. You think going to Houston hurt his NFL stock at all? I don't.

FrogLifeYo

The "putting kids into the NFL" is an important recruiting tool but only because kids think it's important. If you're good the NFL will find you no matter where you play and the majority of kids that go the NFL come from major schools because major schools land the most elite talent, not because they do a better job of developing it.

Ed Oliver has been the only 5-star kid to not attend a P5 school in I don't know how many years. What kind of track record did UH have of putting D-lineman in the NFL. You think going to Houston hurt his NFL stock at all? I don't.

I agree with your point but Ed Oliver is an exception to most points..5 star kids who have dominated since they stepped on campus are not lacking visibility. Not to mention his decision to go to UH was bery high profile from the jump..but again, I do agree with your larger point.

Eight

ed was lied to by mensa, his former high school head coach, and his then high school head coach.

ed was told he was going to be the cornerstone in mensa's plan to make uh another miami. the key was to keep the houston area tonight home and who better to do that than the best defensive line prospect in over a decade to come out of houston.

unfortunately ed trusted mensa and the meekins brothers and committed to uh. well,

38380d38a61c13d2342e3b6910170040.jpg

ed would be an lsu tiger at this time if not otherwise and if you don't think that sales point isn't important i don't know what to tell you.

Wexahu

ed was lied to by mensa, his former high school head coach, and his then high school head coach.

ed was told he was going to be the cornerstone in mensa's plan to make uh another miami. the key was to keep the houston area tonight home and who better to do that than the best defensive line prospect in over a decade to come out of houston.

unfortunately ed trusted mensa and the meekins brothers and committed to uh. well,

38380d38a61c13d2342e3b6910170040.jpg

ed would be an lsu tiger at this time if not otherwise and if you don't think that sales point isn't important i don't know what to tell you.

It’s a sales point, I agree. But it’s only so because kids mistakenly think that picking a school like LSU or Texas or (name any other major program that puts the most players in the NFL) will increase their odds of making the NFL. It doesn’t. That’s my point. By going to UH instead of LSU Ed Oliver didn’t hurt his NFL stock at all so in that sense that decision didn’t hurt him at all.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
It’s a sales point, I agree. But it’s only so because kids mistakenly think that picking a school like LSU or Texas or (name any other major program that puts the most players in the NFL) will increase their odds of making the NFL. It doesn’t. That’s my point. By going to UH instead of LSU Ed Oliver didn’t hurt his NFL stock at all so in that sense that decision didn’t hurt him at all.
The real point is that Tom Herman is a lying piece of [ Finebaum ]. But I’m glad he didn’t end up at LSU because scheiss LSU.

FrogLifeYo

I know it’s irrelevant but I’m Curious...Can someone explain why team recruiting rankings on most sites are simply based on a total of the number of recruits and their point grade totaled. Weird to me that a team with 15 solid recruits would be rated with a worse class then a team with 18-2o inferior rated recruits..I guess I wonder why a fomula isn’t used to better consider both quantity and quality?..Seems weird..

netty2424

I know it’s irrelevant but I’m Curious...Can someone explain why team recruiting rankings on most sites are simply based on a total of the number of recruits and their point grade totaled. Weird to me that a team with 15 solid recruits would be rated with a worse class then a team with 18-2o inferior rated recruits..I guess I wonder why a fomula isn’t used to better consider both quantity and quality?..Seems weird..
Wondered the same thing. Seems so simple yet year after year nothing changes.

thefrogking

Barlow said a couple of weeks ago that he would be making his decision in one or two weeks. I was hoping to hear something by now.
Anyone heard if Brown was committing soon too?