• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

LeagueCityFrog

Let's get that Jason Gold at Clear Springs High School! Currently a 6'3, 254 junior as a high school defensive end, yes please! My vote is leave him at defensive end and not try to make him into Ross Blacklock 2.0 as a DT. Clear Springs is the two time defending district champs in a legit 6A Houston area district and he is their best player this coming season. Let's close the deal TCU Football. Their high school stadium and fan following are legit too. They are like an up and coming Katy. Their head coach use to be the Katy assistant head coach.

Stadium is quite nice too. A couple miles from NASA on I-45 South. TCU got top cornerback Noah Daniels 2 years ago from that same area from their rival high school Clear Creek.

The stadium was named after the two Space Shuttles and Crew the US lost.

http://www.ccisdchallengercolumbia.com

Bob

Let's get that Jason Gold at Clear Springs High School! Currently a 6'3, 254 junior as a high school defensive end, yes please! My vote is leave him at defensive end and not try to make him into Ross Blacklock 2.0 as a DT. Clear Springs is the two time defending district champs in a legit 6A Houston area district and he is their best player this coming season. Let's close the deal TCU Football. Their high school stadium and fan following are legit too. They are like an up and coming Katy. Their head coach use to be the Katy assistant head coach.

Stadium is quite nice too. A couple miles from NASA on I-45 South. TCU got top cornerback Noah Daniels 2 years ago from that same area from their rival high school Clear Creek.

The stadium was named after the two Space Shuttles and Crew the US lost.

http://www.ccisdchallengercolumbia.com

Mybe we could get a Friday Night neutral site game there with Cougar High

Eight

Max Duggan seems like quite the athlete

you are a true master of the understatement

not only has duggan played on the varsity level in 4 different sports in high school, but considered that he has missed two weekends when he could have been running to participate in two regional competitions of the opening trying to qualify for the national level event.

the 21.65 is more than a half second faster than he ran in the 200M last year, but the time puts him between fellow 2019 frog commit william jones best of 21.3 and 2018 new frog derius davis' 21.7.

davis has run a faster time, but davis might weigh 155 lbs while duggan's picture from the opening indicate his listed weight of 190 is most likely accurate

MinFrog

interesting highlights from morrison

curious if they want him as a safety/lb prospect or recruiting him as an athlete and let things work out.

I would say GP brings in about 50% of the guys and let's their body grow into whatever position it fits best. Like Wallow, Vongor, Meeking, etc. just get good athletes on campus and go from there. These are 17 (and sometimes 16 year olds) that they are offering. They will be very different with a season at TCU with a new diet and workout regimen.

MinFrog

Kind of out of the blue, no? Hadn't heard much about him.

I do like that he is already a big DE, not a TIpa type that we hope adds 30 pounds.

Looks like a solid addition.

Eight

Kind of out of the blue, no? Hadn't heard much about him.

I do like that he is already a big DE, not a TIpa type that we hope adds 30 pounds.

Looks like a solid addition.

they thought he was going to pull the trigger back in feb./march and he pulled back a bit

big framed kid who moves really well. frogs seem to continue the trend to get bigger in the d-line

i would love to see them add gold and the de out of so cal.

BAM Frog

How is our DL recruiting realistically looking?

WDE
Ellison - Good Chance
Mpagi - Good Chance

SDE
Warren - Committed
Gold - Good Chance
C. Clay - ?

DT
K. Johnson - Committed
G. Hall - ?