• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

PO Frog

Gonna be a beast for us IMO. Would be awesome if we can hit on Misi too. This has a chance to be an under the radar really good DL/DE class for us.

Has he lost some weight? I had it in my head that he was 300+. Not complaining and may even be a good thing if he has already done the work to lose any bad weight before he even gets on campus. Could be ready to step in and play sooner.

Moose Stuff

Has he lost some weight? I had it in my head that he was 300+. Not complaining and may even be a good thing if he has already done the work to lose any bad weight before he even gets on campus. Could be ready to step in and play sooner.

247 has him at 6’3 302. Who knows?

Kid comes from Frog family. Been going to TCU games since toddler. Trained by Jaden. Give him offer he is here
I might even start a go fund me page how bad would it be to have 2 scholarship kickers for 1 year

I know Griffin Kell - his dad and uncle are two of my best friends and we have been friends since school days. I have told everyone I know that TCU at this time does not have a better kicker than Grif. I have seen a few games (when Arlington HS plays on Thursdays) and he puts on a show during warm ups (and, of course, after every Friday game his dad sends me a video clip). He kicks 50 yarders that look like extra-point kicks. His stats are light because his team was so good that it could convert on 4th down and not rely on a long FG. But his kickoffs - even against the wind - go for touchbacks, and he is an extremely accurate kicker. Again, there is NO ONE on the current Frog roster who kicks better than Grif. I know some may think because I have known this kid from the day he was born that my opinion may not get immediate credibility, but I would not go on about Grif had I not wanted him to be the TCU kicker. And yes, he wore purple diapers.
MESSAGE TO TCU STAFF
Not giving Grif a full scholly would be a COACHING MISTAKE - this staff cannot afford another year of below mediocrity from its FG kicker. Unacceptable, unless TCU is not concerned with winning anymore. Grow up and offer this kid. If you don't he is going to the University of Houston.

froginmn

I know Griffin Kell - his dad and uncle are two of my best friends and we have been friends since school days. I have told everyone I know that TCU at this time does not have a better kicker than Grif. I have seen a few games (when Arlington HS plays on Thursdays) and he puts on a show during warm ups (and, of course, after every Friday game his dad sends me a video clip). He kicks 50 yarders that look like extra-point kicks. His stats are light because his team was so good that it could convert on 4th down and not rely on a long FG. But his kickoffs - even against the wind - go for touchbacks, and he is an extremely accurate kicker. Again, there is NO ONE on the current Frog roster who kicks better than Grif. I know some may think because I have known this kid from the day he was born that my opinion may not get immediate credibility, but I would not go on about Grif had I not wanted him to be the TCU kicker. And yes, he wore purple diapers.
MESSAGE TO TCU STAFF
Not giving Grif a full scholly would be a COACHING MISTAKE - this staff cannot afford another year of below mediocrity from its FG kicker. Unacceptable, unless TCU is not concerned with winning anymore. Grow up and offer this kid. If you don't he is going to the University of Houston.
You had me at 50 yarder.

Wexahu

He had we at put a show on during warmups. Our kickers don’t even do that

I've seen Song stand stationary and kick 40-yarders in warmups, which I thought was pretty damn impressive since I couldn't kick a 30-yarder with a running start when I was in college. Maybe that's kind of normal for college level kickers, I don't know, but I hadn't seen it before.

YA

Song is not in Kell's league. Not even close.....BTW, an update: Just found out Patterson texted Grif on Christmas Eve and told him they are looking at his film. If that is the case the kid should be signed yesterday. I hate the apathy this staff has for placekickers - unacceptable at the P5 conference level.
A new years miracle--a post that I agree with from radio 2314

Tumbleweed

there's an old saying, the more you know, the more you know you don't know.
TCU, the school, has a procedure check on 99% of all offered kids and students. I'll bet he'll hear from them.

MTfrog5

I've seen Song stand stationary and kick 40-yarders in warmups, which I thought was pretty damn impressive since I couldn't kick a 30-yarder with a running start when I was in college. Maybe that's kind of normal for college level kickers, I don't know, but I hadn't seen it before.
I’ve seen Song stand and look at the other kickers more than I have seen him kick

tcumaniac

Song is not in Kell's league. Not even close.....BTW, an update: Just found out Patterson texted Grif on Christmas Eve and told him they are looking at his film. If that is the case the kid should be signed yesterday. I hate the apathy this staff has for placekickers - unacceptable at the P5 conference level.

Does TCU have a specified Special Teams coach? Doesn't seem like it according to gofrogs.com

tcumaniac

I get not wanting to "waste" a scholarship on an extra kicker, but an elite kicker can be the difference between an 8-4 season and a Big 12 championship. Unless there are some uncertainties as to how good this kid really is, there is absolutely no excuse for not offering him a scholarship knowing the current state of affairs of our kicking game.

No offense to Song, but even after his game winning kick in the Cheez-It bowl, I have very little faith in our kickers right now.

Bill Bozeat

Well if he gets the scolly then I can get free extra starch on my shirts