• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Based on what we see from the outside it doesn’t make sense for Shawn to transfer. But he’s in practice every day with Justin and Mike - it is possible that he knows that he can’t beat them for the starting job and wants to move on someplace that might be a better fit. He still has a redshirt year available so transferring now wouldn’t cost him a year of eligibility.

I’m not saying that any of this is true, just pointing out that we don’t have all the information that a kid might use to make his decision.

But yeah, I agree that it’s probably Darius, which sucks pretty hard because we need proven playmakers at RB and Sewo isn’t an every-down back. The new RBs all look great, but who knows what will happen at the next level.

so the only thing we know at this time is we really don't know anything

Ron Swanson

Darius or Shawn would be my guess, and I wouldn’t be shocked at all if it was Shawn that the deleted thread was about

FWIW, I haven’t been over there to read the thread or anything about it, so it’s possible I’ve missed something.

CryptoMiner

TE Travis Koontz has scheduled an OV to Georgia on the 14th. If he is offered would not be shocked to see him commit as they expect to lose Isaac Nuata to the draft. FWIW TCU was one of the finalists per Nuata when he eventually picked Georgia.

Ventura CC is in the CCCAA Football State Championship today

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

Darius or Shawn would be my guess, and I wouldn’t be shocked at all if it was Shawn that the deleted thread was about

FWIW, I haven’t been over there to read the thread or anything about it, so it’s possible I’ve missed something.
I’d really miss both of those guys and their potential. However from a production standpoint they are both replaceable. I hate that we are now squarely in the era of transfer athletes who place playing time over school but it’s where we’re at now..We need to get on board or get left behind.

FrogLifeYo

Things may change but right now Darius is not transferring.

It if it were Shawn, I’d be very interested as to his reasoning. I know the fan base was tough on him this year but I can’t imagine the criticism you get as a starter at TCU is more difficult than most places. It’s possible that he feels the pressure coming from another open competition at QB but even still I would think he would be in the driving seat to win the job...This will be an off season with a lot of side stories

Moose Stuff

I’d really miss both of those guys and their potential. However from a production standpoint they are both replaceable. I hate that we are now squarely in the era of transfer athletes who place playing time over school but it’s where we’re at now..We need to get on board or get left behind.

Sounds like we’re about to benefit from the rule shortly. As we have numerous times in the past.... Banogu, Collins, Diarse, K Hill.....