• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Just because it happened doesn't mean it needs to be discussed on a recruiting thread. Find it hard to believe that you don't see the problem with this. But hey, to each their own.

I don’t see the problem with it because there isn’t a problem. Gary has been doing this for 20 years on our sideline. I don’t love that he does it but everyone on earth knows he does (recruits included). Those same recruits and the players he does it to also know how much he cares about this program and it’s players and how far he will go to show that. Discussing it on here will effect/change nothing.

FrogCop19

I don’t see the problem with it because there isn’t a problem. Gary has been doing this for 20 years on our sideline. I don’t love that he does it but everyone on earth knows he does (recruits included). Those same recruits and the players he does it to also know how much he cares about this program and it’s players and how far he will go to show that. Discussing it on here will effect/change nothing.
Ok.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Just because it happened doesn't mean it needs to be discussed on a recruiting thread. Find it hard to believe that you don't see the problem with this. But hey, to each their own.
If a kid decommits because he sees that GP has yelled at a player from a message board then he wasn't going to make it here anyways. It is a non issue.

MTfrog5

Just saw two new CB’s saying Kennedy Lewis to Texas.
If a kid picks Texas after one year of decent football then I’m not sure TCU is the right place for him. Funny kid talks about about being “plan A” for them in their offense and likes how they use big WR. How many plan A has Herman told that to. Lewis was 4 years old so he remembers watching the Rose Bowl on the Longhorn network not when it happened.

MinFrog

One for Peyton Powell as well.
From Wiltfong no less. He is usually spot on.

At this point I don't really care about anything else except for the lines. We have to hang on to Coker and make sure no one else comes after Johnson. I am more convinced than ever that it isn't who you miss on, but who you take and they don't pan out. And recently our 4* as a group have no produced like 4* should. The only thing keeping us afloat is our 2/3* performing like 4*.

CountryFrog

From Wiltfong no less. He is usually spot on.

At this point I don't really care about anything else except for the lines. We have to hang on to Coker and make sure no one else comes after Johnson. I am more convinced than ever that it isn't who you miss on, but who you take and they don't pan out. And recently our 4* as a group have no produced like 4* should. The only thing keeping us afloat is our 2/3* performing like 4*.
Yea it really puts into perspective some of these recruiting rankings when you think about the overwhelming majority of our best players over the years being lower ranked guys.

I just want players who really want to be at TCU and are ready to work their ass off once they get here. Plus having some size on the lines and speed everywhere else as a starting point is nice too.

I stopped putting any stock at all into how any of these players are ranked a long time ago.

CountryFrog

If a kid is gonna buy into the hype the big schools are selling we’ve got almost no chance. Is what it is.
Exactly. We've got to find guys who prefer the small school atmosphere and/or prioritize the actual football program itself over all the other things that surround the program.

MinFrog

If a kid is gonna buy into the hype the big schools are selling we’ve got almost no chance. Is what it is.

Agreed. It is why UT can sign top ten classes when they are missing bowls. There are only about 10 schools that can offer what UT can from stadium size, gameday experience, history, etc. It is what it is.

Eight

texas is going to get a great deal of hype through the end of the year and the texas is back and you better hop on is going to play with some recruits.

if we are going to lose recruits i would trade lewis in a heartbeat if we could get warren back at defensive

there are an abundance of receivers in this state and else where, but the number of quality offensive and defensive linemen is limited.

i do think we need to get ready for this conference continuing to get more and more physical.

Moose Stuff

Well if it helps, Kennedy Lewis was wearing his TCU towel and TCU gloves in a Friday night blowout of local rival Anna.

When JC puts in a CB for UT over at 247 you can pretty much count on it being right. He looks like a good player but he’s WAY more replaceable than guys like Ellison, Johnson, Coker, Duggan, Foster, Barlow, etc.... and T Brown is the better of our two WR commits IMO.

Eight

watching texas and baylor and the iowa state and wvu game you can see the direction this conference is going and it is more and more physical.

it will be very, very interesting to see what adjustments the frogs make in recruiting

asleep003

Noticed some negatives on which recruits preferred over others, whether
committed or probable/possible signees. Not sure this helps or benefits
the efforts of our staff, as these kids read all the forum's recruiting threads.

It should be more positive to post more sensitive and progressive shares in
our comments about all these fine prospects.

Last edited: