• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Noticed some negatives on which recruits preferred over others, whether
committed or probable/possible signees. Not sure this helps nor benefits
the efforts of our staff, as these kids read all the forum's recruiting threads.

It should be more positive to post more sensitive and progressive shares in
our comments about all these fine prospects.

Preferring one recruit to another seems relatively harmless. If a comment like that ever costs us a recruit then this board probably just saved GP from taking a bust.

Moose Stuff

watching texas and baylor and the iowa state and wvu game you can see the direction this conference is going and it is more and more physical.

it will be very, very interesting to see what adjustments the frogs make in recruiting

I’d personally like to see us take less 5’9-6’0 170-185 lb WR/athletes and more DE/DT/LB/OL/TE types.

Eight

Noticed some negatives on which recruits preferred over others, whether
committed or probable/possible signees. Not sure this helps or benefits
the efforts of our staff, as these kids read all the forum's recruiting threads.

It should be more positive to post more sensitive and progressive shares in
our comments about all these fine prospects.

if your inference is to my comment about preferring linemen over receivers i am sorry, but i thought this was a place to discuss things and i think my observation wasn't a knock on lewis as a receiver prospect.

simply a statement that i believe this state produces an ample amout of receivers namely because it is easier to find that body versus quality linemen and that the summer passing leagues have skill players involved in pass skeleton year round

if that is too negative please let me know when this site became pravda

Eight

And I’m very much OK with a more physical style of play. I CAN’T STAND watching 54-51 type games.

that is the direction of the conference and while part of it doesn't lead to as skilled a game it is the trend..

both isu and texas make no bones about running those go routes with their bigger receivers and encouraging the receivers to push off on smaller defensive backs.

defensively texas has preferred the bigger corners who basically maul the receivers off the line of scrimmage.

i do think we have seen a bit of change in how tcu has recruited in the offensive line the past few seasons, taken some bigger defensive backs and i would love to see a run game out of the pistol with an emphasis on the down hill mixed with the counter to compliment the passing game

PO Frog

I would love to see our running game trend away from exclusively zone reads. Handing off to Darius from a pistol set and letting him work would be a sight for sore eyes. We allow too much penetration for our slow mesh-point handoff to give the ball carrier much of a chance.

Wexahu

Well he needs to change something. Leading the conference in defense and going 4-8 is how he got this job. It can be how he loses it too.

Yes he does, and quick. Honestly, I think the odds of him being back are not good at all at this point. The system seems to have run its course and a fresh approach might be in order.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'd go for 5'6" OL if they could block and not make stupid penalties.
Team averages 5 penalties per game which is tied for 22nd best in FBS. Is it possible that some of those 5 are “stupid”? Sure. But penalties aren’t the problem this year. We’ve had way worse years recently than this with offensive line penalties.

Moose Stuff

Yes he does, and quick. Honestly, I think the odds of him being back are not good at all at this point. The system seems to have run its course and a fresh approach might be in order.

Man, I have a hard time seeing him getting let go after one tough year breaking in a new QB and a rebuilt OL. I guess he could leave on his own but not sure what the market is for a very well paid OC whose offense wasn’t very good.